Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Trektop leaking!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Trektop leaking!!!

Hello all,

I had just installed my new Trektop for my 2-door 2010 and new door seals as well on Monday. Everything looked great but as it usually does in western PA it began to rain. Parked it outside that evening, checked it the next morning and the floor on both sides were soaked. I've narrowed it down to where the top meets at the header. The top has flaps that are supposed to seat between the seal and factory rubber pieces, I believe this is the culprit. Anyone out there have suggestions as to permanently correct this? I would hate to have spent over $700 for these items just to leak constantly....
Old 04-14-2011, 02:20 AM
JK Newbie

make sure the clamps on the header bar are bolted on the right way (the pieces that are mounted with 4 screws each). one way gets the bar seated closer to the header seal than the other way, if you have a gap on your header, flip them around 180 degrees and see if it pushes the bar tighter to the channel..

GO PENS!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've never gotten the one on my LJ to stop leaking but I dont have carpet in there anymore and I just pull the plugs when it rains. I probably won't buy one for my JK.

I have a California Tops on my TJ and seals much better. I think they are now called Offroad Heros.

Last edited by cyberfalco; 04-14-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberfalco
I've never gotten the one on my LJ to stop leaking but I dont have carpet in there anymore and I just pull the plugs when it rains. I probably won't buy one for my JK.

I have a California Tops on my TJ and seals much better. I think they are now called Offroad Heros.
they are called off road heros now as opposed to all the other names they have gone by in the past for a reason

Public Notice from the Administrator:
WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

Quick Reply: New Trektop leaking!!!