Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New trektop or front bumper?

Old 01-12-2013, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New trektop or front bumper?

I need help with someone talking me out if a new front bumper. I have enough saved for a new trektop but I can't help to think how sweet a new brawler lite would look. My factory soft top is starting to wear and leak so I know what my choice shouuuuld be lol
Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Do u really "WANT" us to talk u outta the bumper?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the trektop cause it sounds like that's what you need. Then for now for a different look chop your front bumper to make it a stubby. This way you have the top you need and a different look with your bumper for the time being
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Do u really "WANT" us to talk u outta the bumper?
Want? no, need? Yes lol it just sucks buying something that I really shouldn't have to the jeep is a 2010 I shouldn't even be worrying about a new soft top
Old 01-12-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by A7x2706

Want? no, need? Yes lol it just sucks buying something that I really shouldn't have to the jeep is a 2010 I shouldn't even be worrying about a new soft top
No u shouldn't but I own a Trektop NX and it leaks at the back Window joints and I had a BRAND NEW factory soft top that leaked in the same spot..... If u ask me, mostly everyone has had some sort of leak in their soft tops aftermarket and stock.... Hell my factory hard top leaks where it meets the passenger side of the windshield!

Must say though.... I do LOVE my Trektop NX, and I know u will too.... The small leak mine has is just due to a small gap right behind the top of the rear doors that I can fiddle around with and get it sealed but I usually don't worry about it lol.... I'd love to tell u to get the bumper but u can always do what was mentioned above and make ur factory bumper stubby or u can get one of them e-auto grills bumpers that they get on the "I did the unthinkable" thread in show and tell section
Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A7x2706

In my opinion....get the bumper. I just bought a 2012 Jk this summer....top leaks a bit near the windows. You should still be covered under the warranty... That being said, many soft tops do leak.....just one of those keep problems lol. If it were me....after MUCH consideration, I'd go for the bumper. Plus the brawler lite is badass'
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would go for the bumper. The factory bumpers are hideous, and maybe get a winch
Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by J.cyr8

In my opinion....get the bumper. I just bought a 2012 Jk this summer....top leaks a bit near the windows. You should still be covered under the warranty... That being said, many soft tops do leak.....just one of those keep problems lol. If it were me....after MUCH consideration, I'd go for the bumper. Plus the brawler lite is badass'
Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I would go for the bumper. The factory bumpers are hideous, and maybe get a winch
OK.... I'm not the only one..... BUMPER!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Damn! Jedi! Can't wait till I hit 4k!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumper and wear a raincoat

Quick Reply: New trektop or front bumper?