Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

new trac bar needed

Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep
Watch the video starting at 2:10 - 3:00 And tell me there is no difference other than bushings https://youtu.be/Xrlhfooc-Xc
believe all the marketing you want. I can post a video after video of hard core rigs actually wheeling and all are run stock TB with zero issues
Old 06-29-2016, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mds22
lol i think you missed my point. I'm saying the reason you have a DL flip is because you have 3"+ of lift which is normally means you have that much lift to clear the big tires
I didn't miss your point but it was a little unclear, and I was trying to get to what I thought you really meant. Tire size doesn't govern flipping the drag link. Lift does. And while tire size and lift are inherently related to one another, it's not 1+1=2. As we've seen from recent posts, apparently 37s and no lift is a thing. And I've seen the flip side of people wanting 6" of lift and 33s.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

believe all the marketing you want. I can post a video after video of hard core rigs actually wheeling and all are run stock TB with zero issues
I only posted the video because I knew you wouldn't go lay under it and watch in person but I also said watch from 2:10 - 3:00 so that you wouldn't be exposed to any scary marketing but unless you have changed your track bar from stock or have looked in person at the track bar flex don't tell someone there is no difference besides bushings because that is just plain false you are certainly entitled to an opinion of something like you don't see any need to upgrade because the cost versus benefit just doesn't jive but don't say there is no difference between the 2 that is the bs I was proving false

Oh and not to mention if I had a hard core rig and was wheeling I wouldn't care about my track bar flexing as it's not going to be my daily driver or even street legal
And go ahead show me a video of someone hard core wheeling where their stock track bar isn't flexing I would like to see that
Or are you saying that soft unresponsive steering prone to sway is preferred?

Last edited by The Black Jeep; 06-29-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Yes it's Chinese but it's free. I've NEVER heard of or read about someone bending their track bar. The problems come when the bushings wear out, which has been a major complaint against TF because their bushings wear out faster than stock anyway. So I'll ask... Besides using it to center your axle what benefits are there in spending the extra $$
OEM is engineered to work with a stock vehicle and the whole purpose of engineers is to design within the limits of what they are working with to keep costs down, in other words they don't over engineer anything. So by doing the lifts and bigger tires and heavier bumpers and whatever else your heart desires you are changing the the vehicle and thus taking it away from what the OEM track bar was designed for. And the track bar is one of your most important suspension components so why not spend the little bit extra for reassurance? Isn't that the whole purpose of aftermarket to make your vehicle better than stock not skimp out, might as well left it stock if you skimp.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

I think what he meant was bending and staying bent, basically garbage and worthless afterwards. Not flexing where it goes back to its natural state
Old 06-29-2016, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
I didn't miss your point but it was a little unclear, and I was trying to get to what I thought you really meant. Tire size doesn't govern flipping the drag link. Lift does. And while tire size and lift are inherently related to one another, it's not 1+1=2. As we've seen from recent posts, apparently 37s and no lift is a thing. And I've seen the flip side of people wanting 6" of lift and 33s.
100% correct. I should have been clearer in my first post.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

I only posted the video because I knew you wouldn't go lay under it and watch in person but I also said watch from 2:10 - 3:00 so that you wouldn't be exposed to any scary marketing but unless you have changed your track bar from stock or have looked in person at the track bar flex don't tell someone there is no difference besides bushings because that is just plain false you are certainly entitled to an opinion of something like you don't see any need to upgrade because the cost versus benefit just doesn't jive but don't say there is no difference between the 2 that is the bs I was proving false Oh and not to mention if I had a hard core rig and was wheeling I wouldn't care about my track bar flexing as it's not going to be my daily driver or even street legal And go ahead show me a video of someone hard core wheeling where their stock track bar isn't flexing I would like to see that Or are you saying that soft unresponsive steering prone to sway is preferred?
Just looked under at my neighbors stock Rubi with stock wheels and tires and it "flexes" as well, so.... I'm going to stick with "not needed except to center the axle or worn bushings"
Old 06-29-2016, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

Just looked under at my neighbors stock Rubi with stock wheels and tires and it "flexes" as well, so.... I'm going to stick with "not needed except to center the axle or worn bushings"
That's called dedication to bug neighbors to prove a point. Lol.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's my point exactly
So you are saying they are supposed to flex? Or are you saying it's good that they do?
My neighbors stock jeep with 8000 miles has death wobble too does that mean nothing is wrong because it's stock

Opinions are one thing but don't tell someone that there is no difference besides bushings between stock and aftermarket. Because there is a huge difference and if you are still running a stock track bar then you can't say the stock is the same
Seriously it's like saying stay with stock bumpers they are the same as aftermarket
Btw my neighbor's stock Jeep has those too
Old 06-29-2016, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

That's my point exactly So you are saying they are supposed to flex? Or are you saying it's good that they do? My neighbors stock jeep with 8000 miles has death wobble too does that mean nothing is wrong because it's stock Opinions are one thing but don't tell someone that there is no difference besides bushings between stock and aftermarket. Because there is a huge difference and if you are still running a stock track bar then you can't say the stock is the same Seriously it's like saying stay with stock bumpers they are the same as aftermarket Btw my neighbor's stock Jeep has those too
Good thing or not they all do and cause no problem with steering or safety.

I said it is "not needed" and "plenty strong"

don't think I ever said "exactly the same" or "no difference"

You are happy with your purchase and how you spent your money, good for you. Doesn't mean it is the only recommendation that is valid.

I'll stick to my statement, "stock TB is plenty strong and unless you have worn out bushings or need to re-center your axle, there is NO NEED to run any other TB than a stock one."

Quick Reply: new trac bar needed