Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Tires - white or black letting on outside?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why stop at black or white? Get some paint markers and you can make any color or comination you want!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

My vote is for letters in. I had letters out on the last 3 sets of Jeep tires, and it looked good when clean, but that wasn't often. I followed the tire shop's suggestion for letters in on my BFGs, and I'm quite happy with the appearance.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

White out looks like crap in my opinion........the year is 2007 just in case you didnt know.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the BFG AT/KO's and didn't want any white. I thought the white side in looks a little dorky, like a tshirt on inside out, and ordered mine white side out, with the intention of coloring the white black with an industrial marker..

The company I ordered from ignored my directions (even though it was their website that insisted I make a choice) and mounted them white to the inside anyway.

I never did the colouring.. so I have the dorky inside white, but I'm ok with this.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default thanks!

Thanks all!!!

I tallied up the votes and black it is. My unlimited is flame red, and I think the black will look good. I'll be going off road this weekend in Colorado so those tires will definitely be getting dirty. Getting the tires done in about 30 minutes. I'm going with the E rating too - appreciate that tip.

Appreciate the comments and pics
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only color that looks decent with white-out is...well white. Any other looks odd. I will be black out as well on my bright silver JK.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Default Black out

If the tire company gives you a paycheck every once in a while to advertise, then white out. I also agree it is 2007 and black out is the best lookin. If it was still 1997 then........
Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Black.. Sigh...

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
White out looks like crap in my opinion........the year is 2007 just in case you didnt know.
That is why I feel old. I think White looks best on the street. It just looks sportier than black. If you are going to do anything off road (hopefully) I would go black out, for the same reasons mentioned by all those before me. (Rocks, logs, scratches)

old-cool...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd probably go white. I think it makes a meat tire look meatier...

If you scuff up the lettering, it'll show you've been using your jeep (unless it's on the right side only, then you'll look like a curb-surfer)
Old 10-18-2007, 02:32 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by crzytrekker
I'm putting some BFG All Terrain T/A KOs on my '07 Wrangler Unlimited X today. Should I show the white lettering or black lettering on the outside? What do you think? I'm thinking black, but give me your opinion.

Thanks!!!
Black out for sure especially if you go wheeling on the rocks. Trust me, if you don't, your side walls will look like crap big time.

Quick Reply: New Tires - white or black letting on outside?