Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New tires being ordered

Old 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak
If you have to ask if 40's will fit, they prob aren't best for you. They are going to require axles mods, steering mods, and some low gears.
I agree with freak all the way on this one
You better be able to stomach cuttin stuff off your jeep and doing stuff outside the box , meaning you better have a mechanical kind a mind
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have 37x14.5 toyos on 4.5" of lift running 2.27 net bs and I rub on the rear of the front wheel openings at full lock and flexed. Washers on the steering stops will fix that. I clear the pinch seams though. Bs flats as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jknockers

I agree with freak all the way on this one
You better be able to stomach cuttin stuff off your jeep and doing stuff outside the box , meaning you better have a mechanical kind a mind
I have al ready cut my rock sliders and cut/bend the pinch seam and cut some of the rear fender.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
I have al ready cut my rock sliders and cut/bend the pinch seam and cut some of the rear fender.
Well i sounds like you can think OUTSIDE the box,, now with that in mind you need to think about the terrain your gonna wheel in, spinnin em and hittin rock with water and mud involved is a sure way to test those 44's with 40 inch rubber. Keep in mind you can break just about anything, meaning just cause you run a 35 inch tall tire does not mean your not gonna break,, I am sayin that the larger the tire, the more mechanical advantage the tire has over your axle shafts, ring pinion, and u joints and everything else. also the lower you gear which multiplys torque and then add in all the other stuff and you can see where this is goin. I run 40's on 44's and I run just a 4" lift, and have cut the shit out of my jeep to do it, also I watch how I wheel the thing also (I keep in mind it's not a rock buggy, I'm gonna build one later for that), but I can go out and have fun and do some stuff and have fun. Build for the purpose you intend to do, and realize your rigs capability. I won't rock bash my rig with this set-up, I know better. But I also know how to build a rock buggy with 14 bolt, 60 front with 70 outters 35 spline alloys, atlas, 700 r 4, LS1. Anyway, you get the point. I say you cut the jeep already, go 40's and dont look back
Old 06-03-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I guess I'm going to try it out if not I'll regret not doing it when I put the 38s on but, I already have a 85 CJ for hardcore rock crawling so my jeep is wheeled hard but no where near as hard as the old jeep cause it's my DD.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I guess I'm going to try it out if not I'll regret not doing it when I put the 38s on but, I already have a 85 CJ for hardcore rock crawling so my jeep is wheeled hard but no where near as hard as the old jeep cause it's my DD.
Hell your already there then,,, Thats the route, I'm goin, tube out a CJ and keep my jk for fun wheelin,, your thinkin right,, wheel each one for what it was built for,, now go have fun,,,
Old 06-03-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers

Hell your already there then,,, Thats the route, I'm goin, tube out a CJ and keep my jk for fun wheelin,, your thinkin right,, wheel each one for what it was built for,, now go have fun,,,
Yeah I love it I just finished building a Amc 360 for it and and put the Tera low dual trans case on. I'm moving up to 42s next summer, and I love the full hydro steering makes steering so much easier.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
If you're looking at that size of tire, and want to get something to go through that type of terrain, have you looked at Pitbull tires? The Rocker or Maddog would be perfect for the size and style you're looking for.

That, and unlike the MTR's, they're *not* on national backorder.

Oh...and please get rid of that dual steering stabilizer!!!
Yeah I really like the pit bull rocker but they don't have the size I want they go from 37 to 41 but why do I need to get rid of the stabilizer
Old 06-03-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I really like the pit bull rocker but they don't have the size I want they go from 37 to 41 but why do I need to get rid of the stabilizer
Maddog's come in a 38.5 radial, and I've personally seen those kick some major ass on the trails.

And the dual stabilizer setup on JK's is complete overkill. One stabilizer is good to assist with minor bumpsteer, but if your Jeep is setup and torqued properly, then you don't even need a SS at all, let alone two. All a dual setup does is gets in the way of other components (track bar, diff covers, etc.), causes more masking of other problems, and look like they're right in the way to get smashed by the first rock you wheel over. They won't help your steering with those big tires. If you're wanting assistance there, a PSC assisted setup would probably be your best bet.

...but that's just my opinion.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go with the mtrk's . i just placed my order an hour ago for some

Quick Reply: New tires being ordered