Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New tire and wheel sanity check please

Old 01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D vs. E rating

Arggh. Reading another post about the Terra Grapplers has got me thinking. In the 285/70R17 size the LT version of this tire has an E rating. I'm worried that this might be too stiff on my JKU. I'd prefer a D rating, but then I have to go to 295/70R17 which by my calculations is 33.26 in vs 32.71. Not to mention they are $249 at Discount Tire vs. $235. Any advice? Should I be worried about the E rating?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running the Duratrac 275/65R18 with an E load rating and they ride just like the stockers but just a touch stiffer IMO i love the look of the 18's with the bigger tire even if these tires cost me a touch over $1200 i will be dropping down to a 17" when i upgrade to 35's...the wheels i like are only available as a 17...good luck!

Quick Reply: New tire and wheel sanity check please