Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Supercharger for 3.6 JK?!?!?!

Old 04-25-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Supercharger for 3.6 JK?!?!?!

Magnuson Supercharger Kit for 12-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 3.6L - Quadratec
Old 04-25-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm, I like this roots style system.

Sent from my JKU!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm jonesing for this bad. i wanna know if it'll work with a river raider expedition snorkel
Old 04-25-2014, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by oletennessean
i'm jonesing for this bad. i wanna know if it'll work with a river raider expedition snorkel
The Magnuson kit uses the stock air box in the stock location. So it SHOULD work with the snorkel I would think. Just judging by the pics of the snorkel kit it looks like it should work. Only one way to find out for sure!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wonder if its better than ripp

Wonder if its better than ripp
Old 04-26-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

"Better" hmm gonna always comes down to the individual owner and application no doubt. Does coke taste better then Pepsi? Of course lol but ask 10 people and see if you get any consensus :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2014, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by suprablaski
"Better" hmm gonna always comes down to the individual owner and application no doubt. Does coke taste better then Pepsi? Of course lol but ask 10 people and see if you get any consensus :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What he said. They deliver the power a little different just due to the design of the supercharger. I can tell you that one of the deciding factors for me was when I watched a Jeep set up almost identical to me start to spin the tires on climbs with a Ripp because almost everytime he hit 1500ish rpm it would get a boost hit. The Magnuson seems to be much smoother on the power delivery which suits my wheeling style better. Personally I was willing to give up 20ish hp at 6000 rpm for more controlability on the bottom end. But it really comes down to what YOU want. Everyone has their own opinion on the issue. It's like asking who makes the best suspension kits.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSteve
What he said. They deliver the power a little different just due to the design of the supercharger. I can tell you that one of the deciding factors for me was when I watched a Jeep set up almost identical to me start to spin the tires on climbs with a Ripp because almost everytime he hit 1500ish rpm it would get a boost hit. The Magnuson seems to be much smoother on the power delivery which suits my wheeling style better. Personally I was willing to give up 20ish hp at 6000 rpm for more controlability on the bottom end. But it really comes down to what YOU want. Everyone has their own opinion on the issue. It's like asking who makes the best suspension kits.
Bigsteve and I made our purchases on the same decision tree. I also have the Magnuson (but on my 3.8L) and I bought it for the even lower distribution and ability for the boost to kick in right away.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Here is the "shootout" video between the two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4tl_n-GPps
Old 04-26-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to have one of these, but not in the budget I just like the roots style more than centrifugal. I would have liked if they could have incorporated somehow the retention of the OEM oil filter, vs. the 2 piece reusable/cleanable replacement element.

Quick Reply: New Supercharger for 3.6 JK?!?!?!