Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New steering upgrades

Old 02-13-2016, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New steering upgrades

As I move up 37s, I am upgrading the steering. Torn between Carolina Metal Masters, MC, and Synergy. Having said that, do I need to flip my drag link with a 3" lift?

Sent from my Carl Gustav
Old 02-13-2016, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chemlight
As I move up 37s, I am upgrading the steering. Torn between Carolina Metal Masters, MC, and Synergy. Having said that, do I need to flip my drag link with a 3" lift? Sent from my Carl Gustav
I flipped mine with 2.5" lift because I got more than advertised. Bump steer was awful and steering just felt weak. Bought synergy, but if I had 17" wheels i would have bought the Carolina kit. Just looks bad as hell. Saw a jk at a local shop with that setup and I was hurt jealous.

When I go to 37s here before next winter I'll be going to 17s and buying that kit. Figure I'll sell the synergy stuff for 3-5 and be happy.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need to. Some of the aftermarket draglinks can be run in stock position or flipped.

Run the jeep without the flip & if you don't like the way it drives then flip it. I ran my jeep for 1.5 years with tall synergy 3" coils before doing it.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CMM makes a truly impressive kit. One that can be made cheaper if you know what you are doing, but it's impressive nonetheless.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only if having steering issues.

Quick Reply: New steering upgrades