Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New steering upgrade questions?

Old 11-14-2018, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfreeman00
I haven’t looked in to this high steering setup yet, idk nothing about what it is or what it does? I’ll see what I can find out
a high steer kit is really just helping with angles in your steering system. Most of us accomplish this by "flipping" the drag link from mounting on the underside of the knuckle, to the top of it, and then adding a raised track bar bracket as you need to raise the TB by an equal amount (keeping the two components running parallel with each other). Usually you don't start doing this till about 3.5" or so of lift.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yeah, caster correction and draglink flips/hi steers are about correcting some of the angles that get tweaked as you lift higher. A flip isn't mandatory, but it was worth mentioning since you are looking to replace those components anyway. But basically it just brings the trackbar and draglink back to horizontal with the ground instead of angled up as they are now after the lift. (do you notice any bumpsteer?)

Last edited by nthinuf; 11-14-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I mean it steers just the same as it did before I put the lift on, which I’m still only running 33’s on it at the moment
Old 11-15-2018, 01:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfreeman00
No I mean it steers just the same as it did before I put the lift on
Then don't worry about the flip for now. And if you change your mind later, I know Synergy components will work in either the stock or flipped configuration. (not sure about anyone elses, but might be worth asking if you decide on another company.)

Quick Reply: New steering upgrade questions?