Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Springs

Old 11-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts
Default New Springs

So I halted the progress of my Chev install to get the front springs changed with the TF levelling kit that was in there. Son is getting the level kit for his JKUR. We did the front today but did not install the LCAs yet. Originally with the V6 and manual, the level kit on the front was about 1/2" high and with the Chev engine and tranny it got to 1" low (so 1-1/2" drop). My MC system was ordered as a 2.5" lift and the jeep is now level with the Chev engine. So I would say the MC system is right on the money for the advertised lift. I know this article does not equal exact science but at least it gives people an idea of how the vehicle they have will end up lift wise. I will update the article once we get the rear spring change over complete scheduled for 2 weekends from now.

Quick Reply: New Springs