Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

(A NEW) Spare question?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI:

michelinag.com/agx/en-US/products/advantages/bias_radial/bias_radial.jsp
Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned earlier, radial tire casings do not determine if they can be rotated to the oposite rotation. It is the tread design that could or will determine if it is directional.

I have investigated numerous accidents where the rear tire blew out and in almost every case, the vehicle could not be controlled as well as a vehicle that had a front tire blow out. Remember the Ford Firestone thing. I looked at many of those vehicles and two things almost always occured.

Number 1 was the FACT the tires were underinflated or they were overloaded.

Number 2 was the tires that caused the accidents blew out on the rear axle.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leros
Don't think so. I know there are some radial AT's that can be mounted white letters out or white letters in.
The white lettering in or out wouldnt mess with rotation direction. The tire is just put on either side of vehicle to show sidewall of choice. And as far as the original question. Whats the point? Just by 5 tires!

Quick Reply: (A NEW) Spare question?