Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New shoes

Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shoes

I ordered new tires( 285/70 r17 dc crushers) late tue night. To my surprise they arrived this morning. That's under 40 hours. A world record in ground delivery.(by Truck} I am planning on putting these on my stock 08 2 door wrangler x. As of yet I dont have any lift. Planning on an ome kit. I have a few questions?
1 will my tires work w/ no lift/stock 17 wheels?
2 when I order the ome kit will there be anything else I should be concerned about? (I plan on the heavy duty kit).
3 is it mickey mouse to run this size tire on a stock size rim ? as in is the rim too narrow?
Eric
Old 10-02-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default No Problem.

Your 7.5" wheels will work great with those 285-70-17's!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 AM
JK Jedi

No problem with the tires on the stock wheels, however you will likely need wheel spacers to move the tires out (they are wider) so they don't rub on the inside during turns and flex. A set of four Spidertrax spacers goes for about $200.

Quick Reply: New shoes