Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Rubi today - What TeraFlex kit? Nitto?

Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rubi today - What TeraFlex kit? Nitto?

Just picked up my 2013 Unlimited Rubicon from the dealership tonight. Going for a 2.5 lift, and have decided on a TeraFlex kit.
I can choose the spacer kit(BB), coil lift with shock adapters, or coil lift with shocks...
Would spacers be good enough, or is there a huge difference between spacers and coil lift?
My guess (based on no knowledge what so ever) is that the Rubi shocks will be good enough, so I don't need shocks.

Tomorrow morning I will head out to get tires - Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75R17 (34").. Any bad experiences with these on your Jeep?
I had these tires on a lifted Ford Expedition, and they performed really well overall.

Will post my new stock Rubi Tires on CL and here.
Also looking for a roof rack. Have seen the Gobi Stealth Rack on pics here and there. A little overkill for me, but I'll research more before buying.

Any comments/advice/pics are welcome.

Last edited by GoRemote; 11-02-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have those tires in that exact size on my 2012 rubi with a 2" lift.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the teraflex 2.5 coil kit with bilstein shocks. Northridge4x4 and 4wd.com have those kits around $700
Old 11-02-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I recommend the full TF kit with the Bilsteins as well. I have the same kit and tires but in 18's instead of 17's and the setup and ride is great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1348464234.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	384580  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kssting
I recommend the full TF kit with the Bilsteins as well. I have the same kit and tires but in 18's instead of 17's and the setup and ride is great.
x3 Istarted out with a Daystar 1.75" lift then went to the BDS 3" coil and shocks with a 1" spacer up front because of the heavy front bumper and winch. If you intend to go off road get the lift with shocks because you will have limited travel with the stock shocks. I too am going with the 285/75/17 (I think).
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Teraflex 2.5 "Performance boost"

decided to go with the economy version...BB.. Or performance boost, as it says on the box..
Put it on today, and had a little issue with the left front.
Brake line seam to be too short. I could not reattach the brake line bracket (when axel is hanging down) so I decided to let it hang lose for now.
The only replacement brackets that came with the kit was for the rear.
Need to get that checked. Anyone with the same issue?

Got at least 2.5" out of it. Seems like more. Getting tires tomorrow.. And a roof rack.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GoRemote
decided to go with the economy version...BB.. Or performance boost, as it says on the box..
Put it on today, and had a little issue with the left front.
Brake line seam to be too short. I could not reattach the brake line bracket (when axel is hanging down) so I decided to let it hang lose for now.
The only replacement brackets that came with the kit was for the rear.
Need to get that checked. Anyone with the same issue?

Got at least 2.5" out of it. Seems like more. Getting tires tomorrow.. And a roof rack.
Take a picture of your brakeline area. I installed and uninstalled my TF 2.5" BB 4 times over the past year... I'm always changing things for a new look...

Your brakeline should be long enough for the 2.5". I for some reason it's not, you can easily make brackets for your brakelines for ~$5 from Lowes or Home Depot.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

The 12 and 13 front brake lines are very long stock but they put that metal mounting bracket if you can get that bracket off with out messing up the line they are plenty long enough about the same as aftermarket. And the rear just do like Delux2769 said lowes.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

The rear is fine, and so is the right front side.
Since I am taking it in to the shop today for new tires and alignment, I will ask them to look at it, and do a little "check up" on my work. THey do installs there, and should have all the knowledge. Ordered tires yesterday, and hopefully they are there now. Also need backspacing. The right side sway bar link bolt will damage the rim if I flex more than 1 1/2 inch as it is now.

After that I just need to look at the map and see if I find any local trails in Orange County CA, to take it off road for the first time.

Thanks guys
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

You should order a new set of wheels or buy a set of 1.5" Wheel Spacers. I run Rough Country spacers which costed me $118 shipped to my door for 4. Alot if guys here run Spidertrax which cost $198 shipped. Both essentially the same, but Spiders look pretty.

Quick Reply: New Rubi today - What TeraFlex kit? Nitto?