Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Rough Country 2.5 Progressive rate Spring Lift and 1.25 Body Lift

Old 12-03-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock
see my picture of the over-compress coil. The stock bumpstops are crap- way too soft. So I'm trying to locate new bumpstops that are stock length (or close to it) that are made of a hard compound (like the TF bumpstops are) that won't compress the way the stock ones do.
I've been told that the Bump stop is part of the suspension system and is supposed to compress some before it actually stops completely, so Id recomend installing hockey pucks or other solid bump stops either behind the stock one or on the axle pad, leaving the stock bump stop in place. TF has a 2.5" solid block that bolts to the pad so the stock bump stop still functions like stock, just 2.5" lower.

FYI, since installing the new KM2's I am now getting slight tire rub on my front fenders at full stuff while turning. I might add another 1/4" or just leave it since it's very minor. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Rear swaybar links- my previous BB did not include them, and I ran a long time like that. When we put my wife's TF kit on her JK we didn't even bother putting on the longer rear links since I had no issues with running my stock rear ones. Up front however, I think one really should get new links, like the JKS quick disconnects that are adjustable.
For Rubi's or anyone with an E-Disco you must address the front links or you will bend them, that's the main reason TF started including the new longer rears. You then move the stock rear to the front since they are about 2.5" longer then the fronts.
For the rest of us we should be purchasing quick disco's for the front anyway so it's not really a problem, plus it's only when discoed, while on the road it's fine.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks...thought that was what it might be, so I will pick up a package of them before we start the project. I am going to assume I will need some bolts and washers too, but will wait until I get under there for a look-see.

Appreciate all the help.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

No, the TF BB comes with new bumpstops that replace the stock ones. They are made of a really hard rubber compound- pretty similar to the compound used in hockey pucks (maybe not quite as hard). The bumpstops that were in my previous BB were also that same hard rubber. Unfortunately I have promised my old BB to one of my friends, otherwise I would just take those bumpstops and cut them down to the size I want.
I know my kit is a little different being one of the originals and they didn't have the "normal" bump stops but I thought they were just extensions that went into the factory stop location but the stock stop still was retained.

That's what i see in the pics anyway.

For the rear it's always been a 2.5" pad on the rear axle that still hit's the factory stop. I've never heard seen a TF BB kit that replaced the bump stops.

But we are getting off topic here anyway.

I'm personally wanting to get the RC spring kit to replace the BB and shock adapters, but utilizing the rest of the TF kit I already have installed.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

We (Rough Country) actually have brakeline relocation brackets, rear track bar brackets, ext. rear sway bar links and/or disconnects. They are not included in the kit, but can be added for cheap.

On our test vehicles, the brakeline relocation brackets were not needed. We fully flexed out on the RTI ramp and still had slack.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I am glad you like the kit. Your Jeep looks great.

IMHO, it is an awesome deal @ $329

I just think that we have done a poor job letting everyone know that we do have some add-on items for the kit.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enochstek
I am glad you like the kit. Your Jeep looks great.

IMHO, it is an awesome deal @ $329

I just think that we have done a poor job letting everyone know that we do have some add-on items for the kit.
I think you need to talk with the sales guy(gal) and have them let the customers know what options are available when we order the kits.

Quick Reply: New Rough Country 2.5 Progressive rate Spring Lift and 1.25 Body Lift