Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Purchase ... planned build : advice

Old 05-28-2013, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Purchase ... planned build : advice

Hello All ... picked up 2013 Wrangler Sport JK over the weekend, with plans on doing some aftermarket work, this will be my 2nd JK build, previous 2010 Sahara JK, and decided to go with the Sport bc I would up ripping apart most the Sahara and replacing it after spending $$ on the top end model ... Anyway, I plan on going with Rugged Ridge Satin Black 17's, wrapped in 37x13.5x17 Toyo OC MT's ... question on lift, I dont not plan on wheeling this thing, as it is more of a town weekend driver (3kids under 3) and our main family driver is an Acadia ... I only put 3k miles on the 2010 I previously owned over a 3 year time period !!! Im looking at Rough Country 4" lift system with there 2.2 shocks ... any thoughts on this kit ?? I had a readylift 3/2 on the 2010, but understand you need at the least 4" to clear 37's, and I do not intend on trimming or cutting anything ... Should I go with the readylift 4/3 ?? I plan on replacing both front and rear bumpers, with Smittybilt XRC's ... Will this set up make the jeep sit level ?? I hate rake ... I dont not plan on re-gearing, or modifying and of the driveline equiptment ... pls. let me know if I should foresee any issues with just doing the Rough Country 4" lift or the 4/3 Readyliftand 37's ... Thanks guys for your input ...

Last edited by hardt4447; 05-28-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what your budget is but you should give Clayton Offroad a look. I have their 3.5" coils, front trackbar, rear TB bracket(freakin beefy!) The 3.5" is rated for 35" tires but you could easily get 37's under there. I used AEV drop brackets for the front control arms until im ready to upgrade to their long arms. This is my first Jeep and I did the install myself. I am very impressed with the ride.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion if your not going to wheel it just buy shocks and coils then build front lower arms and rear uppers to set pinion. Also an exhaust spacer

Quick Reply: New Purchase ... planned build : advice