Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New modifications for a newbie

Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New modifications for a newbie

Sitting on the ship in front of a computer while on duty, I have had a lot of time to read articles, do some research, about a lot of items. I have posted a few times today about what I would like to do, but to compile it all into one post would be best. I drive a 2DR 2011 JK Sport. I have added the SB XRC front bumper, Poison Spyder rear bumper with tire carrier, XRC 10 winch, Apollo lights and just recently the LOD rock sliders already . Also I have a monstaliner kit sitting at home, just waiting on the time to do the work . Listed below is what I am looking at getting, however brands and exact set-up are eluding me . I am more than willing to take any suggestion. As for my budget it is not necessarily set, and I plan on taking out a personal loan so I can get everything at once (since the jeep is almost paid off). I know that it is going to cost a good chunk of change, but when I do this, I want to make sure I do it right the first time and not have to waste/spend more money to fix something that I bought prior instead of just paying the extra $100 at the time. Some of the items are "minor" and not needed right away and I can push those off on getting until a later date.

S P O D w/pressure gauge
Air compressor with tire inflation kit (looking at the ARB twin compressor)
Upgrade to a Dana 44 axle from the stock Dana 30 (with 4.88 gears, ARB air locker installed/looked at northridge4x4 the build an axle and got confused)
ARB Air Locker / 4.88 gear installed into rear axle (to match the front axle)
Shocks
CB Radio
Tires (decent on street, able to make it through the mud)
And finally, the lift. I would like at least a 3" lift (shocks not included), so I can fit 35" tires, since I do not see the NEED to go any higher (however things do change)

Again, any information will be greatly appreciated, or if I can be pointed in the right direction on what to look for, I will take that as well .
Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a senior in high school but I buy all my mods. For my tires so far my maxxis bighorns have treated me well but I'm saving up for maxxis creepy crawler 35' and also getting bilistein 5100s and a three in teraflex lift with the coil springs I've looked into those and they seem right for me. O and the big horns have gotten me through a lot of mud when it rains, which is rare here.

Quick Reply: New modifications for a newbie