Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Member New Build, first time and looking for help!!

Old 01-08-2014, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhhh. always such good ideas I have to start a project I have no clue about. someone asked the backspace, its 4.5 which was what was recommended through rock krawler. I am starting to look into gears now after these posts. Would I be better going with a mid length end caps for the bumper instead of the full width. I like the full width "look" better but function is a huge part, if it doesnt turn its not much good. I can probably switch it out before it ships
Old 01-08-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acapparelli1
ahhhh. always such good ideas I have to start a project I have no clue about. someone asked the backspace, its 4.5 which was what was recommended through rock krawler. I am starting to look into gears now after these posts. Would I be better going with a mid length end caps for the bumper instead of the full width. I like the full width "look" better but function is a huge part, if it doesnt turn its not much good. I can probably switch it out before it ships
I originally picked mid width for a little more protection on the road...

But I wound up getting 37's and had to buy a new stubby bumper so the big tires wouldn't run.

Is your bumper modular enough to bring it down to the width of a stubby?

Do you think you'll ever goto 37's?

Matthew

Quick Reply: New Member New Build, first time and looking for help!!