Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New to lifts, what should I get?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New to lifts, what should I get?

I am new to the whole lift kits. I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X with no real big modifications. I want to put 18x9 rims running 35's. With that being said I have no idea what to look for when it comes to the lift. Originally I was going to go with a 4" lift but was told that is a little much for my Jeep so am thinking more along the lines of a 3" lift. I don't do very much off roading but do drive on the beach a lot. I still want to be capable though of hitting some nice trails since am hoping to start that up soon. I feel like it might come down to preference so I will have to just try one and hope I like it but I want a smooth ride of course both on and off road. I am also trying to avoid spending all my money since I still have to buy the rims and tires. I am trying to not exceed 1500 on a lift. Any recommendations?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

What I and most jeepers initially do to clear 35's is the 2.5" Teraflex Budget Boost ($330+/-) or 2.5" Coil Lift ($600+/-). I originally got the budget boost kit with shock extensions, you can't beat it. Does very well offroad as well.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

So do you think going with the Rancho 3" Trail lift is over kill, since to be honest teraflex is the only company I haven't looked into yet.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

This page should help you out.
I'd reccomend the 2.5" coil lift with shocks from Teraflex for light offroad / daily driver...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recomend a 2.5-3" Teraflex lift, if you go higher than a 3" lift some other modifications need to be made like front and rear driveshafts, HD tierods and trackbars etc

Quick Reply: New to lifts, what should I get?