Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New lift and tires!!!

Old 09-03-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New lift and tires!!!

So new Jeeper here and picked up the Jeep a couple of weeks ago. I can't NOT modify a vehicle and while I usually do my own work, a 4 wheel drive "truck" is new to me so I found a local place that does solid work who had a killer deal (in my opinion).

Whatever the case, I'm STOKED from the looks of it. The shop crew invited me out on their next adventure so I'm all about it to see how she fares.

I liked the stock wheels so much, I kept them. Not looking to go bonkers like I have with other vehicles so stockers work for now.

Nitto Trail Grapplers 35 x 12.50 x 18
Spidertrax spacer 1.5"
Rubicon Express 3.5" lift
Bilstein 5100 series shocks
Spare tire spacer

I was also thrilled to hear that everyone who stopped by the shop loved the color. I had minor remorse once I purchased it thinking it was too "girly" of a color. But hell, I've had a white Kia Soul with red wheels so what do I care really?! But then I figured everyone has black, red, or white and "hydro blue pearl" would work. Plus the fact that it's apparently a limited edition color doesn't hurt things.

All in all, the drive home was nice. She rides similar to stock although my kids had a hard time getting in. Rocker guards will be next and a decent front bumper and winch along with a relatively nice rear bumper and tire carrier are my plans. Not wanting to go too crazy because I mean, it is South Florida -- not like there is an abundance of land around here.

Comments, critiques, etc. are welcome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Before.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	574296Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep After 2.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	574295Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep After 1.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	574294
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, amazing transformation. I absolutely don't find that color girlish at all.... These wheels look great in black too.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Thanks DA...Girlish maybe was an overstatement. Maybe it wasn't as Jeep-y. I just thought it looked more like a smurf at first! Maybe that can go on the side...Papa Smurf! LOL
Old 09-03-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Blue is the boys color, right? But yeah, looks like a color a gurl would want.

And since comments and critiques are welcome, I think 37's would look much better, and it will prep the kids for basketball. Make em jump!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue is a mans color, but yes even the girls would want it it looks so good, and thats not a bad thing if you are single.

I really like the bigger tires and lift too. looks great bro. Al you need is a good metal bumper on the front to really set it off.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the color.of it. Had an f150 similar to that color.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Thanks all.

Nthinuf...I do think 37's will be rad but I stuck with the 35's to see the direction I want to go. My two girls were like WTF?! when I picked them up today. Then my 8 year old said, "Daddy...get bigger tires". So you might be onto something.

Shift... Thanks! My wife is Puerto Rican and Dominican. I'm corn fed from central florida with roots in Kentucky...she may cut me! Lol. But yeah...bumper is in the works. Looking for something different than the other folks around here.

Thanks Tang! I'm digging it. Just trying to find a contrast...guess black for right now. Ordered some "Altitude" stickers for the fenders.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

looks AWESOME!!...

How do you like that Rubicon Express Lift?.. been looking at that lift but have not found many good things said about it...
Old 09-04-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great. Get ready for new drive shafts and a possible re gear.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

Alex....so far so good. Haven't been off-road with it but I took a buddy for a drive today and he said it drove mostly like stock. It feels very tame on the highway. Looks great too. For my needs at this point in time, it suits me.

Bdw...yeah. I'm doing the exhaust spacers first to see how things go. I'll keep an eye on things but it's tough to find wheeling spots here in S Florida. The regear will be a go though. It does seem a little sluggish so I'm looking at options.

Quick Reply: New lift and tires!!!