Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New lift and shocks or just new shocks

Old 09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New lift and shocks or just new shocks

Basically i just need new shocks but was thinking about getting the RK 3.5 X factor lift to replace the frankenstein lift i have. I bought my jk about 2 years ago with a 3" skyjacker shock/spring lift and 295x70x18 trail grapplers that were installed by the dealer when they got it in. Since then i have installed Teraflex front lca's, front tb bracket and rear relocation bracket(to replace stock brackets that broke my first time offroad), front JKS tb, JKS links, draglink and replaced the ball joints. And it still rides like crap. Stiff ride and front end wanders with every bump and unevenness in the road. Off road its awesome but on road not that great. Shop has checked it over several times. Supposedly checked toe/caster and psi at 28. What should toe/caster be at?
With all that said, my front shocks are leaking fluid on the driveway. So new Bilstein 5100's all around or new shocks and lift?
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like you need new shocks regardless, but if its riding rather stiff I'd look into getting different springs... I'd venture to say a nice progressive rate spring or something with a lighter spring rate would help take the harshness out of your ride.

Last edited by alanscott1; 09-08-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed that lift with new bilstein 5100's and i fukn love it!! Took it on the trails and it was night and day compared to my old lift. Which was the exact lift u have, but i had a RC adj track bar. Its well worth the money.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-949742850.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	363653

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4097570170.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	363654

Quick Reply: New lift and shocks or just new shocks