Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New lift

Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New lift

Hey guys I need some help. I'm planning on getting a 2.5 in lift soon but I won't have money to get bigger tires yet. Right now I have 32" tires on. Does anyone think that will look funny? It will probably have to stay that way for about a year...
Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It won't look funny at all, in fact Jeep should have them come like that off the show room floor. I ran mine for 2 weeks like that with a teraflex 2.5" coil lift and stock wheels and km's with spider trax spaces, then I went to 37" km2's with a 1 1/4" rough country body lift, trimmed fenders,pinch seams and cut 2" off the rubi rock sliders.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Alot of guys may say this looks funny, however in ur situation u r limited due to ur lack of funds the only recourse would be to purchase the lift and do not install it until u can afford larger tires and install them all at the same time otherwise just do the lift and when u can afford it do the tires...good luck
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Ok thanks guys. Just looking for some input thanks for the reassurance!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

There's actually a good portion of members on here that think stuffing large tires on little or no lift looks great so you should be fine

Quick Reply: New lift