Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New JK Unlimited .. Dilemma?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JK Unlimited .. Dilemma?

I take delivery of my new JK unlimited on Saturday.. Lifting on Sunday!! Gears on Monday. My only dilemma is .... to supercharge or not to supercharge???? Any thoughts? I know it voids my warranty right off the bat ..that is my biggest concern!!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 PM
JK Freak

dont worry about your warrantee the lift will take care of that

but your recieving this jeep and sending it out the door to be modded right away?

id hang on to it and drive it a little while and make sure the motor is built right first before you go voiding warantees, since a lot of these have had some silly problems.
id say drive it at least a 1000 miles and see how it handles after it breaks in

then send it off to the mod house
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

x2... I had to have a new engine after 2k miles. Oil pump went out. I would break that engine in before attaching a super charger.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
x2... I had to have a new engine after 2k miles. Oil pump went out. I would break that engine in before attaching a super charger.
id say before even lifting it since lifts seem to be voiding warrantees, and if they dont it sure makes it a hell of a lot harder to get the work done
Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by warlord
dont worry about your warrantee the lift will take care of that ...
Originally Posted by warlord
id say before even lifting it since lifts seem to be voiding warrantees, and if they dont it sure makes it a hell of a lot harder to get the work done
It is not true that lifting will void the entire warranty. Lift and a seatbelt breaks, and the seatbelt is still warrantied. Lift and a shock fails, maybe not. Lift and a head gasket blows--you'll be covered. Read the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act and the implementing FTC rules for further details. The only way that Chrysler could void the entire warranty is if the warranty specifically said that any mod to the vehicle would void the entire vehicle warranty.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

I agree. I was planning on breaking it in before a supercharger. The lift and gears however ..different story. I have a really good relationship with my local dealer on warranty items.

Our dealer is lifting 35 percent of the jeeps before they go out on the lot. They are installing the 2 inch Teraflex and installing 35's. So i spoke to them about the lift warranty and it would seem, if they are voiding them for lifts, then this dealer is voiding them before they leave the lot! They actually installed a 6 inch long arm for a customer!! I guess each dealer has its own idea of the Warranty guidelines!!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by RonnieGman
... I guess each dealer has its own idea of the Warranty guidelines!!
Amen to that!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have mine supercharged and lifted etc.. i would just go ahead and do what you want and not really worry about the warranty. thats all of the fun.. modding it the way you want !
Old 08-25-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Amen to that!
yeah i had one dealer say the wont warranty anything and another dealer that says they will on somethings.. they sell them with 35's and a lift also
Old 08-25-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RonnieGman
I take delivery of my new JK unlimited on Saturday.. Lifting on Sunday!! Gears on Monday. My only dilemma is .... to supercharge or not to supercharge???? Any thoughts? I know it voids my warranty right off the bat ..that is my biggest concern!!
What dealer????

Quick Reply: New JK Unlimited .. Dilemma?