Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New JK Owners/Potential Owners - Mod order

Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New JK Owners/Potential Owners - Mod order

My name is Doug- and I am a Modoholic! This is my first post on the forum, so I thought a summary post might help out those people that I have seen posting about what Mods should they do and when.

First of all I want to thank everyone for the write-ups, everything I have done to my jeep has been with the help of a write-up from this forum. Next I want to explain the approach I took with my 2009 4-DR JK. This is my first jeep and my first brand new vehichle. I got black and thought I would regret it but now I am so thankful I did. I am shooting for a combination of what I like to call "beauty and the beast". I want it to look "clean" but at the same time I want to be able to take it out and have fun. From reading the forum on a daily basis, I came up with the mods in the order below so I would not pay for something and replace it later. I thought I could do all the following while I am getting some miles out of the stock tires and wheels. To the non-JK owner, my JK looks stock, and I happy with that until it is time for new wheels and tires, which is next month

Tinted front 2 windows - $80
Removed plastic from underneath front $0
Removed stickers from sunvisors - $0
MyGIG Lockpick - $300
SpyderTrax 1.5" wheel spacers- $200
Painted inside top with black bedliner (write up on forum) - $40
Shock for tailgate (write up on forum) - $40
AIRAID CAI - $280
Flowmaster 44 relocated to drivers seat - $250
Replaced torque screws for top with thumbscrews - $30
SuperChips Flashpaq - 87 performance setting - $295
Front grill mesh mod (write-up on forum from poneta) - $50
Removed Spare tire, holder and third brake light - $0

Have Waiting to put on:

TeraFlex 2.5 BB - $300
KC 6" Long Range with Mopar windshield mounts - $250

Shopping around for:

18" Rockstars
35" Nitto Trail grapplers

Thanks to everyone that has helped me make my Jeep the way it is today. I know (this post is worthless without photos) but I don't have any of this computer I never would have thought having a jeep could be this addictive....but it is and I love it! I hope to contribute more in the future!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! I have a list of parts waiting to go on myself.
All I need is a front drive shaft.

Quick Reply: New JK Owners/Potential Owners - Mod order