Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

new JK owner want to know a few things....

Old 07-13-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HornetJK
Welcome to the dozer club. Lets see some pics.
once i get my new wheels next weekend i will. getting a set of brand new rubicon rims and tires that were take offs and damn i cant wait! i hate the 16"s on there now haha
Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deertick
very nice! i think thats what im going to have to go with. i think the C.RES looks better but i need to be able to put the top up as well but the dirty dog netting looks great! much more along the lines of what i need
I will add this, though the spider-web looks nice, as you can see, the dogs have no issue getting their heads through the webbing. If you have a smaller dog, like your pug, I would recommend the original netting.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deertick
okay so i just bought a new 2012 dozer orange wrangler soft top with a 6 speed. it came with factory taillight guards and running boards. sadly it has the ugly 16" steel wheels which will be changed in a month or so but i am going on a trip in two weeks and my pug puppy is coming. she likes to jump and i want to have the top down while driving without having to worry about her jumping out. i saw this:

571035 - Smittybilt C•RES - Cargo Restraint System in Black for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

and that would be perfect but the jeep in the pic has their top completely off and replaced with the netting. would i be able to fold my soft top all the way down and put the netting on without having to completely remove it?

thanks! you'll be seeing much more of me now i am no longer a mustang cobra owner and have switched to jeep haha
Welcome

I have my lab/shep mix with me all the time... I removed the rear seats and have him on a leash. I attach the leash with a carabiner to the floor hooks.
No top no problem he loves the air

Quick Reply: new JK owner want to know a few things....