Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

new JK owner want to know a few things....

Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Old 07-12-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devildoc
There is a hole under the dash on the driver side. It has a thin plastic over it. I just used a coat hanger to pull it thru. I spent the 70.00 and got the rugged ridge A pillar with switches and hook it up to those. Didn't want to cut my dash for a new toggle switch. Hope this helps.
okay awesome! yeah that definitely helps! i'll be buying a set this week and just wanted to see if it was going to take an hour or two vs an all day project just for some lights. when i changed the ones on my last cobra it took forever and nothing was "easy access" which im figuring jeeps give a little more space to work on things
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

sounds like an awesome first jeep. Im sure you will love it.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chewmeista
sounds like an awesome first jeep. Im sure you will love it.
so far its great!! had trouble taking the top down the first time but now i can have it down in less than 4 minutes haha

are the doors tricky to take off? i want to take them off one day this weekend so any tips on that?

and so far everyone on here is great! so glad i joined! this is the 2nd online forum ive joined (other one RyanAdamsArchive.com) and its awesome talking to people who know what theyre talking about haha
Old 07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FirewalkerSahara
Congrats on the new jeep. As far as running the soft top down and the CRES, I don't think I've seen anyone do it. Doesnt mean it's not possible but you may have to rig something up
The CRES clips into the channels used to secure the soft top. In effect, it completely replaces the soft top, and the two cannot be run together.

Dirty Dog makes a variety of webbings. It's not cheap but it's reasonably priced and worth every penny.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deertick

so far its great!! had trouble taking the top down the first time but now i can have it down in less than 4 minutes haha

are the doors tricky to take off? i want to take them off one day this weekend so any tips on that?

and so far everyone on here is great! so glad i joined! this is the 2nd online forum ive joined (other one RyanAdamsArchive.com) and its awesome talking to people who know what theyre talking about haha
Use a little grease, on the hinge pins, when putting the doors back on it makes removing them the next time easier. Especially if it is awhile between times.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KYJEEP
Use a little grease, on the hinge pins, when putting the doors back on it makes removing them the next time easier. Especially if it is awhile between times.
okay awesome thanks for that! im glad my family owns a couple hardware store of which one i manage so that stuff is free for me
Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

I had the C.RES. I did like it & did run it with the soft top, but it does need to be removed if you have the top up. Needless to say, I sold it & bought the Dirty Dog netting, pet barrier & sunscreen (just for the back). I have 2 boxers & a golden, it was WELL worth the $$$$. With the pet barrier I don't need to worry about the hoodlums escaping when the doors are off.
Enjoy

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3677872556.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	340623

Name:	image-4039050759.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	340624

Name:	image-4148124248.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	340625

Name:	image-2679497310.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	340626

Name:	image-1289769617.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	340627
Old 07-13-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the dozer club. Lets see some pics.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Joher
I had the C.RES. I did like it & did run it with the soft top, but it does need to be removed if you have the top up. Needless to say, I sold it & bought the Dirty Dog netting, pet barrier & sunscreen (just for the back). I have 2 boxers & a golden, it was WELL worth the $$$$. With the pet barrier I don't need to worry about the hoodlums escaping when the doors are off.
Enjoy

Attachment 340623

Attachment 340624

Attachment 340625

Attachment 340626

Attachment 340627
very nice! i think thats what im going to have to go with. i think the C.RES looks better but i need to be able to put the top up as well but the dirty dog netting looks great! much more along the lines of what i need

Quick Reply: new JK owner want to know a few things....