Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

new JK owner want to know a few things....

Old 07-11-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new JK owner want to know a few things....

okay so i just bought a new 2012 dozer orange wrangler soft top with a 6 speed. it came with factory taillight guards and running boards. sadly it has the ugly 16" steel wheels which will be changed in a month or so but i am going on a trip in two weeks and my pug puppy is coming. she likes to jump and i want to have the top down while driving without having to worry about her jumping out. i saw this:

571035 - Smittybilt C•RES - Cargo Restraint System in Black for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

and that would be perfect but the jeep in the pic has their top completely off and replaced with the netting. would i be able to fold my soft top all the way down and put the netting on without having to completely remove it?

thanks! you'll be seeing much more of me now i am no longer a mustang cobra owner and have switched to jeep haha
Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the new jeep. As far as running the soft top down and the CRES, I don't think I've seen anyone do it. Doesnt mean it's not possible but you may have to rig something up
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deertick
okay so i just bought a new 2012 dozer orange wrangler soft top with a 6 speed.
Congrats on getting the new Jeep, a true six speed two door at that! Also in Dozer too. I don't think it gets any better than that! The cargo cage will prob help fine with your dog, or get a small pet carrier. I like how you called Dozer orange most folks, including Chrysler call it yellow (prob for marketing reasons), when actually it is a persian orange color (orange-yellow) which was intended to pay homage to Allis-Chalmers equipment.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Four Paws makes a harness that you can seat belt her in. New jersey just implemented a law that if ur dog isn't secured, $250 fine.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Originally Posted by keithsfd7
Four Paws makes a harness that you can seat belt her in. New jersey just implemented a law that if ur dog isn't secured, $250 fine.
X2 on a harness I just tie a leash to the roll bar and hook my dog in.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out dirtydog netting. I have it and it keeps my two large Labradors in the jeep, while still being able to raise/lower the soft top when necessary.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by B.S.
Congrats on getting the new Jeep, a true six speed two door at that! Also in Dozer too. I don't think it gets any better than that! The cargo cage will prob help fine with your dog, or get a small pet carrier. I like how you called Dozer orange most folks, including Chrysler call it yellow (prob for marketing reasons), when actually it is a persian orange color (orange-yellow) which was intended to pay homage to Allis-Chalmers equipment.
yeah i love it! first jeep i ever owned and couldn't be happier! i absolutely love the orange and if i had my choice i would love a kubota orange since that's my favorite but hey beggars cant be choosers, i got what i wanted. a guy at one dealership tried pinning me on a black one and he gave me a better offer actually than the one i got but i wanted orange so i said i was going to my truck to get my phone and i just left haha dick move but oh well. called up a place by me asking if they had a manual soft top dozer orange jeep and they did so i told them i would be there in an hour and when i got there it was already out front ready for me to test drive. first time i ever drove one too and just fell in love haha

Trending Topics

Old 07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Check out dirtydog netting. I have it and it keeps my two large Labradors in the jeep, while still being able to raise/lower the soft top when necessary.
thanks! i just checked that out and that's more along the lines of what i need. i like the smittybilt looks better but unless i know for sure i can still keep my soft top on but folded down then im going to have to go with that
Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default KC HiLites

i'm also going to be putting a pair of KC HiLites 6" long range lights on the front and am wondering if theres already a hole in the firewall thats easy to get to so i can run the wiring through that into the cabin or will i have to drill a hole in my firewall in order to do it? i'm going to change the front bumper but that wont be for quite awhile so im thinking about just doing the quadratec light mount brackets rather than get a front light bar. those any good or should i get a light bar? im trying to keep the whole set up under $300 and if i can go cheaper i will since it will all get changed about a year from now when i change the bumper
Old 07-11-2012, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is a hole under the dash on the driver side. It has a thin plastic over it. I just used a coat hanger to pull it thru. I spent the 70.00 and got the rugged ridge A pillar with switches and hook it up to those. Didn't want to cut my dash for a new toggle switch. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: new JK owner want to know a few things....