Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New jeep wrangler unlimited want to do daily driver lift n 33s

Old 08-04-2015, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex makes great kit!

I just installed the Teraflex 2.5" coil kit on my 2010 and put the 2.0 Fox Shoxs all the way around. I also have 33'' tires(285 70/17R). It drives better than stock and with the stock fenders I feel that it look good. I do plan on 315 70/17 when these 33'' wear out. But the lift kit was easy to install and I really enjoy not having the down hill look.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you google JKU with 2.5" lift and 33" tires pics, you'll find one thousand pictures or more, of JK's of different colors and tire combinations in 33's and 35's for you to compare visually. The Wranlerforums have lot's of them, I've found some in this site as well as other Jeep forums out there.

I don't think i'll do a 2.5" lift with flat flares and 33"s, it'll probably look goofy, however, on stock fenders, it looks good, really good at least in front of my eyes, I feel 35's belong best with 3-3.5" lift, personal opinion, who knows, maybe i'll change the opinion after my 2.5" lift is done .. from what i've seeing around here, it could go up to a real 3"-3.5", hoping is not going to be the highest in my case, but, I'm adding 100lbs of weight with ACE rock sliders to start once I get the sliders next week or so in my garage, and I'm sure the RockHard or EVO oil/trans skids i'm thinking to order later on are not lightweight either, so I'm expecting a little less height anyways once I'm done protecting the belly and rocker panels.

I know I don't need anything bigger than 35's for the type of wheeling I do, and 33's are easier to DD, while still giving me a good compromise on/offroad, again, for the type of wheeling I do, it's not super hardcore stuff, but our trails in Southern California have plenty of roots/rocks and dirt where at least 33's are considered a good minimum size tire to run without scrapping the crap out of the belly. 35's are better without any doubts for clearance, but i'll need more money for regearing, i'll be dealing again with balancing beads, and my vehicle and I really need a break from the weight, putting all that damn weight in my back everytime I do a tire rotation is not priceless, it's painful

Last edited by rsmwrangler; 08-04-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2565272287.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	541.6 KB
ID:	620441

This is my '08 with 2.5 lift and 33's. I think it looks great but I'm keeping the fenders stock

Quick Reply: New jeep wrangler unlimited want to do daily driver lift n 33s