Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Hypertech Max Energy options - what are you running?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by got lime?
Stock throttle body
Auto
lagging/surging

Subscribing
2010 and same here..... I changed low setting to -30% as suggested and it helped but still very noticeable lag/surge
Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZJeeper

I've done something similar and it's working out so far: -5%/+5%/+45%. Seems to have a nice roll-out, a tad more sensitivity above 10 MPH without the surge, and much more drivable above 40 MPH. Would love to have the low-end sensitivity.

Having said that, I have the 4LO set to -50% and love it! Makes 4LO much more manageable with the 4:1 rubi transfer case. Soooooo easy to crawl now.
I had my 4LO set to -50% and was in some mud yesterday and my hot oil warning came on. I figured that setting may have been too low for spinning the tires and getting the speed to get through some of the mud holes. Any idea what the standard setting is....my guess is zero. So I think -50% might be good for crawling but not mudding.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
I had my 4LO set to -50% and was in some mud yesterday and my hot oil warning came on. I figured that setting may have been too low for spinning the tires and getting the speed to get through some of the mud holes. Any idea what the standard setting is....my guess is zero. So I think -50% might be good for crawling but not mudding.
I had 4lo set at -50% and did not like it. I was NOT in mud but rocks. I felt like I had to relaly mash the gas to get any movement. I'm going to back it down to -30% and see how I like that.

PS It would be great if Hypertech could fix this surging issue. It is terrible.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default surge

Supposedly....they are working on it.... Make sure to call them if you are having the issue !!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Does the programmer allow you to change shift points?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Did anyone get anywhere on the throttle response? Also I am getting B2204 code and had seen a few others were as well.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hypertech

Originally Posted by mud76
Did anyone get anywhere on the throttle response? Also I am getting B2204 code and had seen a few others were as well.
It seems that Hypertech has put this issue on the "back burner"........

It is getting close to time to sell it and get the Superchips Flashpaq and the Sprint Booster.......more money, but hey.....at least it works without the lag/surge

Keep in mind that this surge only happens with the automatic transmission. The last time I spoke to a tech at Hytertech about it, they told me that it was something to do with the torque converter locking up..... but 2 1/2 months later and no call back as promised and no updates......

i love the new features of the Hypertech, but for an auto trans vehicle -- at this time i would advise people to stay away until / if Hypertech fixes the issues they are aware of..........
Old 05-05-2012, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedRubi
It seems that Hypertech has put this issue on the "back burner"........

It is getting close to time to sell it and get the Superchips Flashpaq and the Sprint Booster.......more money, but hey.....at least it works without the lag/surge

Keep in mind that this surge only happens with the automatic transmission. The last time I spoke to a tech at Hytertech about it, they told me that it was something to do with the torque converter locking up..... but 2 1/2 months later and no call back as promised and no updates......

i love the new features of the Hypertech, but for an auto trans vehicle -- at this time i would advise people to stay away until / if Hypertech fixes the issues they are aware of..........
hate to say it, but i don't even feel comfortable selling it like this. so sad too, because when it's working, it's great. i mean my wife can tell when my jk is programmed or not when she drives it...so it definitely makes an improvement. but this lag stuff has got to go, it's borderline unsafe

and mud76, i also get the b2204 code
Old 05-05-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I almost forgot about this. It's bin do long since the last update regarding the lag.. I hope they fix it soon. Also thinking about a super chips..
Old 05-05-2012, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

My lag is throttle tip in. At about 6mph it surges. After you've driven it a bit, you get used to it and know how to drive it. I have to say I'm happy with it. Is it 100% perfect? Not yet. Seems aside from this one issue there are really no other down sides.

Quick Reply: New Hypertech Max Energy options - what are you running?