Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Hypertech Max Energy options - what are you running?

Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jvandy50
hmm, well i'd still call if you want that feature to work if and when you're winching. mine was going to 3k upon starting, but looks like they will have it fixed in the next day or two
Thanks man, I will. I wanted to test the throttle response with the normal tire/axle/premium settings I've always used.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbkoz
Thanks man, I will. I wanted to test the throttle response with the normal tire/axle/premium settings I've always used.
no problem, i think they will have us fixed up soon
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Any updates on the issue with lag off idle? I updated the software yesterday and even my 12 year old daughter noticed the "sudden acceleration" off idle. I have it set at 5% right now.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love this tuner with the new options and menu re-odering! I never experienced the lag in taking off from idle. I did have a crazy erratic idle problem when I first installed the updates, but Hypertech quickly solved the problem and since then (six weeks ago) it's all been working great.

My settings:
Idle: 700rpm
Throttle Response: 2H:<10mph = +40%; 11-40mph = +40%; > 40mph = +25%. 4LO = -5%
Tire size set a little below actual measurement to put the speedo right.

IMHO the perception of added power is ridiculously good from the increased throttle response.
Thanks Hypertech, keep those updates coming!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CF2010
I love this tuner with the new options and menu re-odering! I never experienced the lag in taking off from idle. I did have a crazy erratic idle problem when I first installed the updates, but Hypertech quickly solved the problem and since then (six weeks ago) it's all been working great.

My settings:
Idle: 700rpm
Throttle Response: 2H:<10mph = +40%; 11-40mph = +40%; > 40mph = +25%. 4LO = -5%
Tire size set a little below actual measurement to put the speedo right.

IMHO the perception of added power is ridiculously good from the increased throttle response.
Thanks Hypertech, keep those updates coming!
I bought nine off ebay for $155 used. I wasn't expecting much, downloaded the update and boy was I surprised. The throttle reaponse from a standstill was insane! I didn't tell my girlfriend that i installed it, she immediately noticed the increase in acceleration from a stop when.she drove it.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Does the new upgrade allow you to disable the ESP on the JK?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lag

Originally Posted by got lime?
any updates on the issue with lag off idle? I updated the software yesterday and even my 12 year old daughter noticed the "sudden acceleration" off idle. I have it set at 5% right now.
i still have the lag.......bad !! It feels like the hypertech tuning/throttle sensitivity adjustment doesn't take effect until about 8-10 mph and then the power just "hits" which causes the jeep to lurch forward. Not a smooth power delivery at all. Besides this major issue, i am very satisfied with all other functions of the tuner. Power delivery is smooth everywhere else in the rpm range except just off idle....

I haven't had a chance to contact hypertech, but i will call them soon about it..
Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedRubi
i still have the lag.......bad !! It feels like the hypertech tuning/throttle sensitivity adjustment doesn't take effect until about 8-10 mph and then the power just "hits" which causes the jeep to lurch forward. Not a smooth power delivery at all. Besides this major issue, i am very satisfied with all other functions of the tuner. Power delivery is smooth everywhere else in the rpm range except just off idle....

I haven't had a chance to contact hypertech, but i will call them soon about it..
Sorry for the stupid question, but have you raised the throttle response in the <10mph range? I have mine up 40%.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default lag

Originally Posted by CF2010
Sorry for the stupid question, but have you raised the throttle response in the <10mph range? I have mine up 40%.
I went back to stock yesterday to make sure it was a programmer issue. Once stock, the Jeep accelerated normally with no lag off idle and then sudden surge of power. I then reprogrammed and set the <10 mph throttle sensitivity to 50% .... Still just as bad... It only does this from a dead stop also. Take off from a red light under normal acceleration and at just under 10 mph, the Jeep will surge forward like you just mashed on the gas pedal. If you try to duplicate this from a slow roll, it will accelerate smoothly with no surge. it's enough of a surge that after you start going....when the power surge kicks in the wheels will spin if the roads are wet.... Dangerous if you are not expecting it...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default lag/surge

ok....I called Hypertech today and they told me that they have had several people report this issue and the fix is to keep the throttle sensitivity adjustment settings at stock. I did this and the lag/surge is gone.........so is that feeling of extra power and the enhanced driving experience...... They told me that the engineers have been made aware of the issue, but a fix......?? Who knows?? I am holding out hope because I am very pleased with the features/performance results other than the off idle lag/surge. They said they would call me back later today...

Quick Reply: New Hypertech Max Energy options - what are you running?