Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New here Modifed v. Stock

Old 02-26-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here Modifed v. Stock

I am new to the Jeep world and here as a result of buying my daughter a Wrangler for Christmas last year. We want to try to use this to its potential and when it come to events and gatherings what qualifies as modified v. stock? I want to challenge it on courses but don't know which courses I should sign up for as her Jeep is slightly modified but is not over the top.

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 6 cyl. automatic, 2 inch lift with 32" Goodyear Wrangler tires. No other modifications
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeeo.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	533636  
Old 02-26-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the Jeep community. I'd recommend you check out jeepforum.com and post in the TJ Wrangler section. This site is targeted at the late model JKs. While a lot of people here likely have TJ knowledge and a lot is comparable, you'll find a great wealth of knowledge and resource there that is specific to the TJ.

In general though, you'd be shocked what your Jeep will do. You just want to make sure you protect correctly so you avoid damage that is from normal course of business/off-roading (skid plates, etc).

Apologies to the mods if I am not supposed to reference another site. Seemed acceptable in this case.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

I do believe there is another thread here somewhere that says something like, "My other Jeep is..." > l've never looked in it but probably some good stuff in there too.

I know at the bantam Jeep festival if you enter certain competitions... If you have more than 2 mods, meaning at 3 mods or more you are considered no longer "stock."

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Welcome to the Jeep community. I'd recommend you check out jeepforum.com and post in the TJ Wrangler section. This site is targeted at the late model JKs. While a lot of people here likely have TJ knowledge and a lot is comparable, you'll find a great wealth of knowledge and resource there that is specific to the TJ.

In general though, you'd be shocked what your Jeep will do. You just want to make sure you protect correctly so you avoid damage that is from normal course of business/off-roading (skid plates, etc).

Apologies to the mods if I am not supposed to reference another site. Seemed acceptable in this case.
Ohhhh another jeep site that covers more models???? So long JK forum...... haha just kidding I have been a member of that site long before I came here... most members here hang out at both sites.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
I do believe there is another thread here somewhere that says something like, "My other Jeep is..." > l've never looked in it but probably some good stuff in there too.

I know at the bantam Jeep festival if you enter certain competitions... If you have more than 2 mods, meaning at 3 mods or more you are considered no longer "stock."

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.

Sweet I have done the ashtray mod the mirror flip mod one more mod and I can roll with the big boys
Old 02-26-2014, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sand Scorpion
Sweet I have done the ashtray mod the mirror flip mod one more mod and I can roll with the big boys

Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kps7987
I am new to the Jeep world and here as a result of buying my daughter a Wrangler for Christmas last year. We want to try to use this to its potential and when it come to events and gatherings what qualifies as modified v. stock? I want to challenge it on courses but don't know which courses I should sign up for as her Jeep is slightly modified but is not over the top.

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 6 cyl. automatic, 2 inch lift with 32" Goodyear Wrangler tires. No other modifications
Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Nice TJ. You may will find better answers to your questions under the my other Jeep is section and find TJ and YJ Wrangler.

Quick Reply: New here Modifed v. Stock