Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New guy here. Started making changes to my '13 JKU (Badlands and Silver Lake areas)

Old 07-17-2015, 11:39 AM
srg
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by auceny
A little off topic. But get a cb radio of some sort if your friends all have them. Makes the day so much nicer.
Definitely a good idea. I don't have a CB but I do have and use some Motorola hand helds. They worked good at Silver Lake.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:40 AM
srg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lkjk
Who's video with the teraflex trackbar? Specs on the lift?
Not mine. You'd have to message the guy on Youtube.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by srg
Well, considering I put 56,000 miles on it in just over 2yrs, on road handling played a big part in my decision. I actually have a little more sidewall now, than with the factory 255/70/18's. It is what it is. This is my daily driver.
The AT tire choices that come in 17-18" wheel sizes, that don't weigh a ton, don't require excessive backspacing and that actually measure up to their advertised height are almost non existent.
And the tires were $280/ea. Not that expensive.

What do you recommend one does with the front track with a leveling kit?
If you like the tires, you don't have to try and justify it to me. They are still a shit set up for off road no matter how many excuses you come up with. The factory 18" set up is shit as well.

I would not mess with track bars with a leveling kit, unless you are bending them wheeling.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:00 AM
srg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you like the tires, you don't have to try and justify it to me. They are still a shit set up for off road no matter how many excuses you come up with. The factory 18" set up is shit as well.

I would not mess with track bars with a leveling kit, unless you are bending them wheeling.
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure i'll be just fine for the application.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:30 AM
srg
JK Newbie

I spent the weekend at the Badlands
The factory BLD is absolutely amazing. Spent the majority of the time in the Quarry, I had no real problems on some pretty healthy rock ledge climbs with the KO2's.
I am seriously impressed with the JKU's capabilities.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Teraflex would not be my choice in an after market track bar though.
any reason behind this? I'm not a teraflex fan for pretty much anything else they make, but I have and like their track bars, so I'm curious.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

After my trip to the Badlands during the Jeep Jamboree I came home with lots of rock rash on my wheels. I have 18" Jesters with 35" MT tires. If you like the way your rims look and don't want scratches or dings in them I would suggest staying away from rocks at the Badlands.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 PM
srg
JK Newbie

Funny you mention that. I brought home some healthy rock rash. I'm not worried about it tho. Pay to play.

Quick Reply: New guy here. Started making changes to my '13 JKU (Badlands and Silver Lake areas)