Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Fuel Tank Needed...Again

Old 11-18-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fuel Tank Needed...Again

Well I currently drive a 2010 4dr Unlimited Sport and have about 60,000ish miles on it. At around the 30,000 area I had my fuel tank replaced because to cut off/pressure sensor was stuck so every time I filled up the gas would overflow. This was covered under warranty and so began the life of tank #2. Well as of today, I found out that I'm in need of a new fuel tank again because basically tank #2 was a POS. I had a check engine light on that resulted in being a small leak in the evap kit. Once the dealership fixed that and my transmission coolant lines, I was trying to fill up and wasn't able to put more than a quarter or 1/2 a gallon in at a time with out the pressure sensor stopping the pump. Basically when the dealership fixed the evap leak they caused the gas tank to be a problem now cause it couldn't allow the flow of gas to be proper after fixing the leak. Now I need another new tank, tank #3 and the dealership wants me to pay for it saying that they didn't cause the problem because the fuel tank was already bad but they put that tank in (#2) and resulted in being a faulty tank.

Basically I want to know..should I honestly have to pay for something like this?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:41 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

To be honest, I can't help but think that they screwed up your ECL repair. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm thinking if the evaporative line is properly fixed, your gas tank will be fine. Maybe find a different mechanic. Better yet, you're now experiencing why it's better to do your own repairs: Mechanics (and my brother is one) are always leery of the customer who returns saying the mechanic broke something else while doing a repair.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea i was a lil skeptical but I honestly it bothers me more that they want to charge me for it ha. I'd love to do my own work on it but with college and work trying to balance it all just been a really busy semester. Called Chrysler and they opened a case number against my claim so hopefully they will do the right thing...fingers crossed

Quick Reply: New Fuel Tank Needed...Again