Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New front DS help

Old 03-22-2015, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New front DS help

So I need some help trying to war game a new front DS.

My current front appears to be throwing some grease.

I am running 3" lift on 35s.

I do not run the front at full droop much but I nonetheless I have no exhaust interference.

I have heard that coast, Adams, Tom Woods etc require adjustable upper and lower control arms?

I have also heard that my caster and other adjustments could cause vibrations etc ? This is my daily driver so the thoughts would be appreciated

Sent from my Carl Gustav
Old 03-22-2015, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Stock shafts, you want the pinion to be roughly parallel with the tcase output. Aftermarket double cardans, you want the pinion pointed up toward the tcase output. That is why you are seeing indications that you want a set of adj arms to adjust the pinion angle. (up front, you also run into a trade-off between caster angle and pinion angle, since you can't change one without automatically changing the other)

Go to Tom Woods website and read the JK and the Tech Info areas. Lots of good info, along with a few diagrams on the angles.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Appreciate the input

Sent from my Carl Gustav

Quick Reply: New front DS help