Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Rugged Ridge or Smittybilt
Rugged Ridge (no ends, hoop)
50.43%
Smittybilt xrc
49.57%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

New Front Bumper Poll

Old 06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that is just painful. Funny.....but painful.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go with the RR.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was torn between the same decision, I was pos. I was going to go with the XRC rear w carrier (plan on 40's soon) and either rr or xrc front, after weeks of indecisiveness I choose XRC front and rear, going to be in this week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:28 AM
JK Jedi

Tough call for me, I like the bottom portion of the Smitty, but prefer the hoop and the factory style fog setup of the RR. I voted RR.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

The voting is so close. It obvious that both are nice bumpers and owners are happy with both. I don't think you're going to see a clean cut concensus.

I'd go with your gut feel or base it on price and availability. I'm not sure what the XRC goes for but I paid $306 for the RR XHD
Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the Shmitty's front in and rear...!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

There is no way you can go wrong either way, I like the RR since you can use the hoop, add a stinger, add ends or whatever fits your fancy.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another question that may help in the decision. Here is the background.

Yes, I am on somewhat of a budget. I treat myself to JK Christmas in the summer for a mid priced to larger priced purchase each year since I have had my JK.

Summer 1: wet okoles, other small things, not too much...(did not have the bug totally yet)
Summer 2: wheels and tires, lift did follow later
This Summer: bumpers, possibly tube doors

...yes I can afford to purchase the bumper(s), but I do not have the money to purchase the winch at this time as well. One day I hope to get the winch with hopes that I will have time for it to be a good purchase. (I do not want to be out, something happen and I say "man, I should have gotten that winch")

It is one of those things where I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Ok, sorry for the tangent...So I need a winch ready bumper.

Which of the two would look better without the winch for a year or two? Which of the two would provide for me an easier installation of a winch later?

In the near future, my wife and I will be building a house and I never know when she will start to get aggravated with my purchases. So I must tread lightly. There is alwys a chance the large purchases will stop before the winch is bought.

What do ya think? Experience would be handy in this case.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ijust read tidegrad's thread that has been revived today on his rr bumper peeling and such. I am just wondering, has anyone else had the same experience or are there more people out there that have had more good than bad experiences with this product?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would have to say out of those two choices, I would go with the smittybuilt. It follows the front grill lines nicely. The rugged ridge with no ends just looks like someone hacked it and placed a plate at the ends.

Quick Reply: New Front Bumper Poll