Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New To The Forum. Have a couple questions :)

Old 02-15-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New To The Forum. Have a couple questions :)

Hey guys, about 6 months ago I traded in my Mustang for a 2011 Jeep Wrangler because I got stationed up in the Great Lakes and well I figured a Jeep would be a lot better in the snow! Anyways, I'm currently looking into starting to modify it. I don't have a crap ton of money right now to be buying a thousand dollar lift or anything like that. I was looking to just put on a basic 2.5" until I can save up and afford a good one. And maybe put some 33s on it. Mind you i'm 20 years old and i'm in the military so I'm taking it one mod at a time Anyways I was looking into the Rough Country 2.5" inch lift. I saw there are two different ones, the 2.5in Jeep Series II Suspension Lift Kit and the 2.5in Jeep Suspension Lift Kit. I was wondering if there is someone who could tell me the difference between these two. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can run 33s with no lift. You can run 35s or 37s with a 2.5" lift. So...I'd say keep saving for a better quality lift or just throw new tires on and with some wheel spacers you will have a whole new stance.

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the modified section, they cover lifts and a lot of the basic questions you will probably have. Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If money is tight and you want a lift, go with a quality company like Teraflex. They have a 2.5'' Budget boost. I ran 35s on that for a while before I bought my AEV lift. Look into it. Here is a pic of mine with the 2.5BB

Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

My friend runs 33s no lift on his 2dr with no rubbing. I was in the same boat as u and spent the $470 on the teraflex coil lift with shock adapters and a couple months after that I saved up for bilsteins. Now I'm just upgrading as I feel needed.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The series 2 is what is called a budget boost or BB lift. It is just a 2.5" spacer that is placed on top of the coils. It includes extension brackets for the shocks and longer sway bar links for the rear. The kit also includes a rear track bar bracket to recenter your rear axle. For the money it is a decent kit that will get you some height cheap. I would stay away from the other kit as rough country coils and shocks are known to sag and the shocks ride rough, leak, and rust up pretty quick. Chicago uses lots of salt and the roads are terriable in Illinois so if you were going to invest in shocks I would look into something better. I would encourage you to read the link at the bottom of my signature since you are new to jeeps and it will teach you about your suspension.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2" Rubicon Express BB spacer lift with shock extensions ill sell ya for $125.00 shipped to you if interested. I ran this with 35's on my 2 door with no rubbing.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The series 2 is what is called a budget boost or BB lift. It is just a 2.5" spacer that is placed on top of the coils. It includes extension brackets for the shocks and longer sway bar links for the rear. The kit also includes a rear track bar bracket to recenter your rear axle. For the money it is a decent kit that will get you some height cheap. I would stay away from the other kit as rough country coils and shocks are known to sag and the shocks ride rough, leak, and rust up pretty quick. Chicago uses lots of salt and the roads are terriable in Illinois so if you were going to invest in shocks I would look into something better. I would encourage you to read the link at the bottom of my signature since you are new to jeeps and it will teach you about your suspension.

Thanks man I read up on that link got some good information
Old 02-16-2014, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AlexjeepVb
I have a 2" Rubicon Express BB spacer lift with shock extensions ill sell ya for $125.00 shipped to you if interested. I ran this with 35's on my 2 door with no rubbing.
PMed you
Old 02-16-2014, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for your service! There is military service post in here somewhere too.. shoot, move, communicate!! be safe!

Quick Reply: New To The Forum. Have a couple questions :)