Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Fender Flare Advice

Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered the ACE Engineering tube fenders? They sell for $600 to $700 shipped for all 4 with powdercoated finish. I have them on my short list. The PSC narrows look the best, but even with 10% off and free shipping they will run $950 before painting. Add $400 for paint or powder coat. They are the ones I'd really like, but I'm balking at the price...$685 plus $75 shipping for the ACE narrows sounds really good. They just don't look as good...
Old 01-28-2014, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
Have you considered the ACE Engineering tube fenders? They sell for $600 to $700 shipped for all 4 with powdercoated finish. I have them on my short list. The PSC narrows look the best, but even with 10% off and free shipping they will run $950 before painting. Add $400 for paint or powder coat. They are the ones I'd really like, but I'm balking at the price...$685 plus $75 shipping for the ACE narrows sounds really good. They just don't look as good...
In my experience you can't go wrong with Ace.

the only Ace products I don't have are the cargo basket and their flat fenders, my state is supposedly one of the pickiest ones.

I've got my factory wheels and rims mounted and just waiting for inspection day, you can't have any of your tread sticking out further than your fenders...and there are frame height above the ground limits that the 37's put me 2" too tall.

So I'm not taking any chances, I'm going with the Bushwacker flats, I like the idea of plastic and they are very wide, which will probably cut down on the crap thrown up onto my Jeep when I have my 37's on 364 days of the year!

matthew
Old 01-28-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

I do like the way the "Metal" flares feel when I grab them…they look awesome too…but, I'm on the trail often and have been in tight spots where I have had things hit the fender flares. I've seen others sustain body damage this way. You might not, but I really didn't feel confident going in that direction.

I've got the Bushwacker Flat flares and like them a lot. Summit Racing has the for $500 and a $50 dollar rebate. So you can get 'em for $450, no tax or freight. Pretty cheap, durable, and they look pretty cool.

Hers a few pics…It's all opinions I reckon…You can't be wrong if you're happy with what you get..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2315.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	527150Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	527151Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2253.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	527152
Old 03-19-2014, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

MCE is what I plan on going with. I just don't want my 315's with 2'5" lift to look too small. I can always get my 37's early but I would like to wait until summer for those.

Quick Reply: New Fender Flare Advice