Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Fender Flare Advice

Old 01-19-2014, 02:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could prep and paint them yourself thats what I did with mine plus it makes touching them up easy. For the cost of a complete set of plastic fenders I would save up for something more durable. I understand you don't want to chop your stock ones but do you really want to spend $500 bucks on a different style of plastic ones? I am not trying to stir anything up but I just know a few people who have gone this route and regret it. I guess the best way to answer this question is based on how much and what type of wheeling you like to do? Living in the pacific northwest most of our trails are narrow with a lot of trees that you will rub or lean against so it's nice having a set of fenders that won't give. Again just my two cents based on my experience good luck with the build
Old 01-19-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlikitSchmikit
Good to know
- For me though, a set of 4, paint or powdercoat - they're simply out of my price range.
You and me both. I'd love to get a set of the Aluminum ones, but I have other things earmarked first. I am likely going to cut my factor flares this spring. Maybe someday when the wife isn't looking.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NastyPirate
This is another option that you might consider. PureJeep fronts and rears. I love 'em!

PUREJEEP: PJ4020: JEEP JK FRONT TUBE FENDERS, Body Armor
love these but when will the sell the rears. Im sold on MCE so far.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Default Rock me like a hurricane!

Hurricanes look sweet.

And not that pricey...

5 year warranty too.

2" more clearance. 1" wider for wider tires and wheels with more backspacing.

Rugged Ridge 11640.10 - Rugged Ridge Hurricane Flat Fender Flares for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Old 01-19-2014, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Metal Cloak

I tore off my stock front flare on a trail so I needed to replace it. I like the weight savings of plastic, but wanted the added armor benefit of metal. I chose the metal cloak fenders because they are mounted to the frame, not just the body. (Some others may be too.) I haven't smashed it on anything yet, but when I do I'm sure it will hold up better than the plastic!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill stick with the cut look for now...wife agro on upgrades will kill me. Also front bumper is on the priority list before flares. If i had to choose, id go with the PS ones...just love their products!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Liquid741,

is that a bottle opener/top-popper I spy on the side of your Jeep? LMAO!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My vote is the Poison Spyder narrow flares as well!

Old 01-20-2014, 03:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2mont
I tore off my stock front flare on a trail so I needed to replace it. I like the weight savings of plastic, but wanted the added armor benefit of metal. I chose the metal cloak fenders because they are mounted to the frame, not just the body. (Some others may be too.) I haven't smashed it on anything yet, but when I do I'm sure it will hold up better than the plastic!
x2. Just installed MetalCloak Overlines with the rear armor. Ridiculously solid (and they look awesome!).

I have my Dads Poison Spyder Crusher fenders in the garage as well. They will be solid as well. A little more plain than the MetalCloaks, but they'll get the job done.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlikitSchmikit
Liquid741,

is that a bottle opener/top-popper I spy on the side of your Jeep? LMAO!
yeah...

Quick Reply: New Fender Flare Advice