Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Exhaust Advice

Old 01-03-2016, 10:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exhaust Advice

Looking to get a new exhaust, Just like everything else with jeeps, the market is flooded with options. Looking for something with some meat but not too much to piss of my entire apartment complex. Any advice would help, brands, types to look in to or stay away from. Last thing anyone wants is droning "x" amount months later. Thanks for all you help.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of options out there.
Make sure you get one that is stainless steel construction.
Most companies have some type of limited lifetime warranty.
What sets us apart is our 90 day sound and performance guarantee. If you aren't happy return it for a refund.
We offer a bunch of systems for the JK platform, I really like our Evolution and "rock crawler" system, this relocates the muffler in front of the rear axle.
About a 5 out of 10 on sound.

Good luck!

Exhaust Systems, Cat-Back Exhaust Systems & Axle-Back Exhaust Systems - Dynomax® Performance Exhaust

Originally Posted by Scuba0244
Looking to get a new exhaust, Just like everything else with jeeps, the market is flooded with options. Looking for something with some meat but not too much to piss of my entire apartment complex. Any advice would help, brands, types to look in to or stay away from. Last thing anyone wants is droning "x" amount months later. Thanks for all you help.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://m.autoanything.com/exhausts-m...s/t304-vs-t409
Old 01-04-2016, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went with the Dynomax Competition Exhaust (meant for a 4 door, but you can make anything work if you put your mind to it or pay someone lol). Mine rattles a little due to the hangers not exactly lining up, but another easy fix at a local exhaust shop or your own welding. The Rock Krawler one should take care of that drone though as the exhaust tip is routed back over the axle to the rear.

https://youtu.be/AEVk5skSYUA

https://youtu.be/xz5hoGHJqZw

Kind of in action I guess you could say. It does have a drone though being I didn't route it back over the axle to the rear, just the cut down and turned it more towards the center of the vehicle, not out towards my door. Ive never had issues with sitting in one spot for awhile.

https://youtu.be/Wg3p05AhESM

Last edited by mhockey9090; 01-04-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our Street Catback system is very neighbor-friendly, and will give your Jeep a nice, deep tone with no drone. The part number for 2 dr is 15116, 4dr is 15115. Both of these systems are full stainless steel, and feature straight-through, perforated core mufflers. If there's any questions we can help you with, shoot us a PM or call any time!

Quick Reply: New Exhaust Advice