Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Dynatrac Prorock axles computer freaking out HELP!

Old 12-02-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dynatrac Prorock axles computer freaking out HELP!

So I've got a brand new JK. 75 miles total on odometer. Brand new Prorock 60 on the front and Prorock 80 on the rear. Took delivery of it yesterday. I made it a couple of miles and the computer freaked out. Scan tool says it can't read or detect wheel speed sensors. Brakes pulsing like crazy, engine RPM limited, all warning lights on. Install was done by a tech who has installed 50 sets of Dynatrac axles. We are all baffled. Steering wheel straight, speed sensors appear to be mounted correctly. Based on my past experience (but with Currie axles) I'd have to guess that the speed sensor is not picking up the tone ring. Not sure what else I can do?? Anyone know any tricks, or dealt with this problem?
Old 12-02-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like it is in "limp" mode
Old 12-02-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Did you use a Procal to program? I would check for the proper spacing in your tone ring sensors. When I installed my Dyna 60 I had a brief issue when the spacers weren't installed correctly.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

I programmed tires size and gear ratio with Superchip. This is the first time I didn't use a procal. I guess I'm not aware that there are spacing choices with the tone ring. Doesn't it come from Dynatrac all set up? I didn't reuse my stock brakes. My front 60 is ALL Dynatrac.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Ya,, my front came with the big brakes and tone rings installed,, but if memory serves,, there may be a small shim or clip to space the sensor off the tone ring by a fraction of an inch, and they are easy to loose. At least thats how mine was.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by big dr
Ya,, my front came with the big brakes and tone rings installed,, but if memory serves,, there may be a small shim or clip to space the sensor off the tone ring by a fraction of an inch, and they are easy to loose. At least thats how mine was.
Ok. Im checking now.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Junkie

I just swapped my stock d30 and d44 for the pro rock d44 and d60, we used the AEV Procal for the tire size and gearing

Everything came out great

I think you are in the limp mode as well...

Get the Procal

Matthew
Old 12-02-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Boulder
Ok. Im checking now.
Well that's odd! My front left sensor has a shim. And the front right does not. Hmmm.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Well, it looks like we missed a shim. Misplaced it, just like you said. I'm sure my tech would have figured this out, but I was intent on figuring out tonight! Thanks BIg Dr!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue on my rear when we replaced shafts. The sensor needed a minuscule shim. That fixed it.

Quick Reply: New Dynatrac Prorock axles computer freaking out HELP!