Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Driveshaft = Low speed Vibration

Old 01-08-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Driveshaft = Low speed Vibration

Okay installed JE REEL 1310 rear driveshaft

Around 2nd gear im getting a moderate vibration kinda like when you hit the warning tracks on the side of the high way but way less than that.

Is this something serious or is it just something i will have to deal with until i can afford adjustable rear lower control arms.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I think you should just live with it until you can get adjustable control arms. Looks like you have a 4" lift so the pinion angle is going to be a little off until you get some adjustability. Does it appear that the pinion angle is not straight at ride height?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Ya its still alittle angled i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to blow my ring and pinion.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Warlock13

Around 2nd gear im getting a moderate vibration kinda like when you hit the warning tracks on the side of the high way but way less than that.

Is this something serious or is it just something i will have to deal with until i can afford adjustable rear lower control arms.
what you need are adjustable rear upper control arms - NOT lowers. they will allow you to set your pinion to being in line with your drive shaft. this is actually a REQUIRED step when installing a u-joint style shaft. while you might be okay to drive like this for a bit, i personally wouldn't.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:42 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya its still alittle angled i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to blow my ring and pinion.
you will run the risk of wearing out your u-joints and the vibes might be strong enough to cause your pinion nut to back out - this would be a real problem.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

bum bum bum I hate when you hear what you are dreading to hear. WELL SHIT NOW I GOTTA BUY SOMETHING ELSE.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

bum bum bum I hate when you hear what you are dreading to hear. WELL SHIT NOW I GOTTA BUY SOMETHING ELSE.

this is why I always tell people to buy a lift with adjustable arms. You'll need them eventually.

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Bub
JK Enthusiast

Did you have the same vibes with the same lift before the new ds?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

No it was just clicking loudly and i knew it was going out. I bought this thinking that the new ds would take care of all my problems however i guess not. Now i have to buy something else and hope that it dosent lead to something else going out.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

No it was just clicking loudly and i knew it was going out. I bought this thinking that the new ds would take care of all my problems however i guess not. Now i have to buy something else and hope that it dosent lead to something else going out.
new adjustable arms and you'll be set!

Quick Reply: New Driveshaft = Low speed Vibration