Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Custom Heat Reduction JK Hood

Old 10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwikto
at the risk of sounding stupid here is excess heat really a problem that needs to be solved on a 3.8l minivan engine? is this a longevity thing, a performance thing or a saftey thing, or just cause I can thing. I get the last one I have forward looking camera, but i am not sure of the others? please help me out.
Alot of people who crawl in hot locations find that the engine needs a little more help cooling. 4lo for a long time in desert like heat isnt good for anything

Not only that but I think it would help out for when the stock fan craps out on you on the way home like mine did... I wish i would have had a heat reduction hood that day..... same day as the pic above

Old 10-29-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A carbon fiber hood produced in limited numbers is gonna cost what ? $1500-3500 ? + paint. Owch

I'm fabbing my own hood for 10-15% of that cost, including a 12" lightbar.... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/ideas-hood-chop-scoop-lightbar-frontal-labotomy-106327/

Last edited by westchester; 10-29-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

This company is out of Germany and is a ARB Distributor in Europe, I am stationed here in the military so I deal a lot with German Off Road Companies. These hoods do run around $1500 + shipping due to the crappy exchange rate for the US dollar to Euro which is a little pricey but like someone posted earlier they are limited quantity Carbon Fiber. The plus' to real Carbon Fiber besides them being real light weight you can also stand on this hood without any damage. I thought a lot about that if you rocked a fiberglass hood off a tree it would shatter and a metal one would dent so I guess that is a plus to Carbon Fiber. Their website isn't set-up very good and it's in German but I will post the link strait to the hood. They told me they are coming out with a fiberglass one that will be a lot cheaper but they started with the Carbon Fiber first. This is the link : .ks-tuning.com/jk/jk.htm[/url] and then you have to click on the tab :K&S Motorhaube GFK / Lüftungschlitze. The first link is all the JK parts most are out of America imported but a few are one-off. You can e-mail the owner his name is Ralf and the e-mail is Sales@KS-TUNING.de and he does speak english. I hope I answered everyones questions. Oh you can order it pre-painted but I wouldn't recommend it considering it is very expensive to have something painted in Germany.

Last edited by armycop; 10-30-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Actually like the looks of it, but too many things I want to do with that $1500.

Quick Reply: New Custom Heat Reduction JK Hood