Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Custom Heat Reduction JK Hood

Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 AM
pjk
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure if i like the style or not?

does the hood come color matched so i can just order it red rock (or whatever)? how much $ before shipping? where are they coming from (location)?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Default hope

hope u dont go through any deep water or mud. those vent are going to be inlets for lots of crap!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ckmehl
hope u dont go through any deep water or mud. those vent are going to be inlets for lots of crap!
err I dont know how much off roading you do but the mud splashes all over under the hood anyway even without the vents

Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by john smack
err I dont know how much off roading you do but the mud splashes all over under the hood anyway even without the vents

Looks like a good amount has been getting into your airbox too.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

at the risk of sounding stupid here is excess heat really a problem that needs to be solved on a 3.8l minivan engine? is this a longevity thing, a performance thing or a saftey thing, or just cause I can thing. I get the last one I have forward looking camera, but i am not sure of the others? please help me out.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow08rubicon
Here's some pic's of the hood I am thinking about purchasing. It's made by a small company my friend found. It is made from Carbon Fiber and only weigh's 14 pounds. It Cost a little more than most hoods on the market but I am sure it keeps the heat down more than any metal hood.
I am actually looking for some heat reduction to have installed by next spring.

Not sure I like the style over AEV's, TMD's or Cops, but is there a link to more info on this hood? What is the price?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like crap IMO. I would take the AEV over that any day of the week. All the holes in the grille provide enough cooling for me in cool rainy WA state.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by john smack

That is a great photo!

Well then the vents on the hood can provide an escape route for the mud as it flows through the engine compartment cooling the engine.

If you are getting the a new hood just for looks and you like this one, then that is all that really matters since you are the only that is going to be staring at it every time you drive your JK. Besides even if you don't need the heat reduction, the weight reduction is a good thing!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

i like it. Where did you find it?

Quick Reply: New Custom Heat Reduction JK Hood