Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New Bumper, Winch On Order--What Would You Do?

Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Oh goody! I just came back from my morning walk and the UPS guy just arrived and handed me my RC 2.5" lift and shocks. The weather is just gorgeous outside. I think I hear some work calling--I'll be back in a few hours!

Hmm. We need a smilie for working under the Jeep. I'm thinking emoticon laying on his back under the Jeep, arms reaching up, then he looks to the side and smiles large. Yeah, pretend I had that to put up here.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck let us know if you need advice
Old 02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Here it is after the lift:

I also pulled the "JEEP" off the front grill. There were a few issues with the lift. I still don't have the rear RC shocks on. The parts package I was missing has been shipped and I've got e-mail from UPS saying I'll have it tomorrow. And I removed the Gorilla Nuts that Four Wheel Parts sold me. The problem is that they are slightly larger than the stock nuts (13/16 vs 3/4). That difference was just enough to make it very difficult to get a socket into the hole in the new rims. I ended up stripping one of the Gorilla Nuts (which I didn't realize until after I decided to replace them). I thought I'd never get that nut off. I busted a 3/8 to 1/2 inch socket adapter (Thank God for Craftsman tools--free replacement!).

I also received e-mail from DHL that my Wetokoles are enroute.

Now, if that Shrockworks bumper will just arrive before Curtis has Spring Break.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Looks good. Heh it looks like I am not the only one to dent up that stock front bumper. Had mine 3 days before I tried to take a hill (more like a wall) about 60degree angle and ran the bumper into it before I could start the climb.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Here it is after the lift:

I also pulled the "JEEP" off the front grill. There were a few issues with the lift. I still don't have the rear RC shocks on. The parts package I was missing has been shipped and I've got e-mail from UPS saying I'll have it tomorrow. And I removed the Gorilla Nuts that Four Wheel Parts sold me. The problem is that they are slightly larger than the stock nuts (13/16 vs 3/4). That difference was just enough to make it very difficult to get a socket into the hole in the new rims. I ended up stripping one of the Gorilla Nuts (which I didn't realize until after I decided to replace them). I thought I'd never get that nut off. I busted a 3/8 to 1/2 inch socket adapter (Thank God for Craftsman tools--free replacement!).

I also received e-mail from DHL that my Wetokoles are enroute.

Now, if that Shrockworks bumper will just arrive before Curtis has Spring Break.
Howd you remove the jeep emblem? I'm doing it
Old 02-29-2008, 02:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Deuce81
... Heh it looks like I am not the only one to dent up that stock front bumper. ...
At least you have a story to tell. I was at a Boy Scout meeting and one of the other leaders walked up to me and asked me how I dented my front bumper. I was like, "What are you talking about?". I guess I could just make up a good story--we've been to Sedona, Moab, Disney, so there are possibilities there. LOL. Anyway, Shrockworks bumper is on order so I haven't even worried about trying to fix it.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by sw0cb
Howd you remove the jeep emblem? I'm doing it
There's a thread about this that discusses several different ways that you might like better (here). However, what I did was take a small screwdriver and pry up under the plastic of each letter, being very careful to not come in contact with the grill finish. It was about 50 degrees outside when I did this. Each letter pulled free pretty easily, leaving a little bit of adhesive and foam in a few spots. I used lacquer thinner to clean that up, then applied a coat of wax over it.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 02-29-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Here it is, with the Shrockworks Mid-width and the Warn Powerplant freshly installed.

Thanks everyone for the help spending my money. LOL.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Old 04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Here it is, with the Shrockworks Mid-width and the Warn Powerplant freshly installed.

Thanks everyone for the help spending my money. LOL.

Awesome setup, can you get me some closer pics and a couple measurements? Im getting a bumper made from a smaller company and he cant seem to figure out how to make the Powerplant fit. Thanks

Quick Reply: New Bumper, Winch On Order--What Would You Do?