Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NEW BUILD - 3.5" AEV SC Lift - Just Arrived!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you measured wrong because that's not 4.5"... Looks good though
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Hahaha the tires actually have some room in there now! It looks great
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stance really looks great. Have you taken it on the street yet or are you waiting for the brackets?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
I think you measured wrong because that's not 4.5"... Looks good though
Just measured again this morning and still sitting at 4" in the rear and 4.5" up front from the ground to bottom of fender straight through the center of the wheel after 50 miles on the lift
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by porters
The stance really looks great. Have you taken it on the street yet or are you waiting for the brackets?
I have taken it on the street and the freeway. Has a slight shimmy in the wheel at above 40mph but not bad honestly. This, I was told by NR, is due to my caster being off without the brackets on. Grade 8 bolt kit and brake lines just came in so I will be finishing everything up tonight. Also need to redo the steering tie rod adjustment with the procal. Looking forward to seeing how it drives tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

^^ Thanks

Just got off phone with NR. Got confirmation of order of TF hi lift and rotopax cb mount adapter for TF HD carrier
Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Cool

Originally Posted by Jeeping4Fun
So front is 90% done (see photo below) and can't say enough about Krispyjeep for his help. He has always been available to help in anyway that he could, which has made my life a lot easier. If you are a DIYfer and are tackling this for your first time and maybe your first lift (like myself) please ask questions to myself of him. Their directions IMO are very vague but I feel the end result is a good quality product that you will be happy with. Netted 4.5" in the front and 4" in the rear.

90% = Front suspension and high steer kit is in but I have not installed the geometry relocation brackets. yes you can drive it without them but isn't the best driving experience. Due the procal, which was included, immediately to center wheel, because if you don't you will have the abs system going crazy until it finally turns itself off so you can drive. I haven't done the brackets as tomorrow I will receive the bolt kit from NR and didn't want to do some of the work twice. Especially at 125 ft/lb torque settings. I also did end up snapping one of the relocation bracket bolts because I wasn't too sure on torque specs and didn't know my own strengh. Help?

I also can't speek highly enough about the guys at NR. If your new to jeeping, as I am, it is very nice knowing that the guys that take your order have worked in the shop and know the products they sell and what it takes to get the job done. Not some guy just paid to place orders only off commission but can truly help after and during the sell and offer great advice.

Update on other things besides lift:
Drake hold downs and staun auto tire deflators come in tomorrow. Ordered TF HD tire carrier with the adjustable bracket as well. In stock at NR and shipped today. Also looking forward to the high lift rotopax adapter to follow shortly that has become available in the last 24 hrs. Next order of business will be side steps. Really leaning towards the LOD ones. Like the look and the step plate across the top as well. Seriously considering the 50" rigid light with brackets, which NR is offering a special on with brackets, but would like to see some more photos of. Im sure there are just need to use the search function a little more. Bushwacker flat fares, painted to match, and 37's will probably be a couple weeks out.

I also took lots of photos during the install and if you would like them please let me know. Pictures speak a thousand words and can share them with anyone who is interested.

You make it sound like I was there wrenching on it with you. All I did was give some tips and info from our builds. To me that is one of the #1 things the forums are about. Let me know how the brackets go.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeeping4Fun
I am still in the process. Are you having someone install it? If not you will need lots of patience because you will be going into this completely blind. Even with all the instructions off aev's website new and old ones and even including the other kits instructions. I only have the rear done and about 30% of the front and I can tell you that the resources from people on this forum will mean a lot attempting the install yourself.

Yes I did install the trackbar that came with the kit in the rear. I hope that was the right place for it. It isn't like the instructions tell you. It fit perfectly into the space and from reading everywhere I can't see where you ever unbolt the frame side front trackbar bolt.
My bad, my kit just showed up and I looked at the instructions. You got the track bar in the right place. I thought I had read it as a new front track bar online but I'm wrong. I'm going to start my install over the weekend.

Quick Reply: NEW BUILD - 3.5" AEV SC Lift - Just Arrived!