Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NEW BUILD - 3.5" AEV SC Lift - Just Arrived!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be tackling the 4.5 in sc this Thursday. Sorry to hear your having problems. I too bought the hardware kit from NR. I may look at brake lines too.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Also, on my rubi i bought the psc diy Rico steps. They are great and hold up really well. Even being slammed down on rocks. Mostly got them for sliding around trees. My buddy got the Ace on his rubi. They too look great but are way more solid than the Rico steps. However i feel that a dog could get hurt since there is no real step just a bar that can be slipped on. Ill try and post pictures when my lift is on.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Shell
Post up the pictures u guys are talking about please. Would be interested in seeing what is going on as I'm sure others are as well. Thanks
During the installation I was struggling with the shock mounts. They really put the shocks at an angle and was just questioning if I maybe did something wrong (picture below). After talking with Krispyjeep and sending photos to him and talking with the guys at NR this is correct and assured me nothing to worry about so I continued on. Keep in mind this is my first lift install so I probably am questioning things that most shops know are normal. Krispyjeep and NR have been great resources because they have done these lifts before and are extremely helpful to the novice like myself. I myself am also willing to share and help out in any way I can after going through this install as my first.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1673.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	419018

Any other questions please let me know.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chrisjsmith4
I'm going to be tackling the 4.5 in sc this Thursday. Sorry to hear your having problems. I too bought the hardware kit from NR. I may look at brake lines too.
The problems more or less probably arise from being my first lift. That said I think you will be happy with the end product. Im not completely finished yet but thus far I am happy, aside from the directions they send problem. I would definitely recommend the rear brake lines at the least. I personally wasn't a fan of bending my factory lines to use the adapters so I ordered the crown lines, recommended by NR and Krispyjeep, so that they can remain in the stock location. The front brake lines arent necessary IMO, at least on the 13' model, due to the fact that once you fight and struggle with getting the factory holding bracket off the lines toward the front lower shock mount they have a ton of room. Honestly I am not a fan of zip tying them to the shock but since I have them running between the shocks and springs it really is the only way. I am contemplating running them on the backside of the shock to reduce the potential problem of them getting into the spring. If someone wants to chime in about running them backside of the spring and it is fine please let me know. Might order the front extended brake lines but haven't decided yet. Too much to order still
Old 02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chrisjsmith4
Forgot to mention that I am also waiting on my hardware kit from NR. The kit has you reuse the bolts from control arms and trackbar and I think that the hardware kit is the way to go
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by swiber
I feel your pain.
I was helping a friend install his and I was cussing out AVE and Billistien. Directions were almost pointless and they should provide brake lines those stupid brackets.
As being sold as a complete kit, which i due think it is compared to most, I agree. Brake lines IMO at least on the rear are a must!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Update!

So front is 90% done (see photo below) and can't say enough about Krispyjeep for his help. He has always been available to help in anyway that he could, which has made my life a lot easier. If you are a DIYfer and are tackling this for your first time and maybe your first lift (like myself) please ask questions to myself of him. Their directions IMO are very vague but I feel the end result is a good quality product that you will be happy with. Netted 4.5" in the front and 4" in the rear.

90% = Front suspension and high steer kit is in but I have not installed the geometry relocation brackets. yes you can drive it without them but isn't the best driving experience. Due the procal, which was included, immediately to center wheel, because if you don't you will have the abs system going crazy until it finally turns itself off so you can drive. I haven't done the brackets as tomorrow I will receive the bolt kit from NR and didn't want to do some of the work twice. Especially at 125 ft/lb torque settings. I also did end up snapping one of the relocation bracket bolts because I wasn't too sure on torque specs and didn't know my own strengh. Help?

I also can't speek highly enough about the guys at NR. If your new to jeeping, as I am, it is very nice knowing that the guys that take your order have worked in the shop and know the products they sell and what it takes to get the job done. Not some guy just paid to place orders only off commission but can truly help after and during the sell and offer great advice.

Update on other things besides lift:
Drake hold downs and staun auto tire deflators come in tomorrow. Ordered TF HD tire carrier with the adjustable bracket as well. In stock at NR and shipped today. Also looking forward to the high lift rotopax adapter to follow shortly that has become available in the last 24 hrs. Next order of business will be side steps. Really leaning towards the LOD ones. Like the look and the step plate across the top as well. Seriously considering the 50" rigid light with brackets, which NR is offering a special on with brackets, but would like to see some more photos of. Im sure there are just need to use the search function a little more. Bushwacker flat fares, painted to match, and 37's will probably be a couple weeks out.

I also took lots of photos during the install and if you would like them please let me know. Pictures speak a thousand words and can share them with anyone who is interested.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Forgot the photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1683.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	419028
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Niiiiiice,
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FrostByte
Niiiiiice,
Thanks! Been working hard at it.

Quick Reply: NEW BUILD - 3.5" AEV SC Lift - Just Arrived!