Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NEW BUILD - 3.5" AEV SC Lift - Just Arrived!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you running a 35 on stock tire carrier?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkfsu
are you running a 35 on stock tire carrier?
Yes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Few questions on lift after the rear is done now:

So I am personally not a fan of these brake relocation brackets at all. Need to know which brake lines and length I should go with so I can get them ordered asap. Will I be fine if I don't do any wheeling until they come in if I put the rear back to factory?

My rear end breather line doesn't reach anymore. Surprised they said nothing about this in the instructions. What have you done? Barbed union with extension hose or all new?

So after I got everything done with the jeep and tires on the rear and still on the stands I lowered the rear end to see how everything extended and how far the shocks would allow. To my surprise everything was stretched so tight I didn't even let it drop down all the way. What am I MISSING?? Why are the wires to the wheels, the ebrake cables and quite frankly everything that goes to the rear end stretched so tight? I am very concerned about this. Am I supposed to be doing something differently as far as re routing or extending? The instructions said nothing about this. Please HELP!

Anything else with the front end I should be expecting would be helpful too.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jeeping4Fun
Few questions on lift after the rear is done now:

So I am personally not a fan of these brake relocation brackets at all. Need to know which brake lines and length I should go with so I can get them ordered asap. Will I be fine if I don't do any wheeling until they come in if I put the rear back to factory?

My rear end breather line doesn't reach anymore. Surprised they said nothing about this in the instructions. What have you done? Barbed union with extension hose or all new?

So after I got everything done with the jeep and tires on the rear and still on the stands I lowered the rear end to see how everything extended and how far the shocks would allow. To my surprise everything was stretched so tight I didn't even let it drop down all the way. What am I MISSING?? Why are the wires to the wheels, the ebrake cables and quite frankly everything that goes to the rear end stretched so tight? I am very concerned about this. Am I supposed to be doing something differently as far as re routing or extending? The instructions said nothing about this. Please HELP!

Anything else with the front end I should be expecting would be helpful too.

Thanks
We went with Crown brake lines I believe they were the 4.5" to 6" lift lengths.

In the older set of AEV instructions they have you re-route it in a way that somewhat works. But I would still like to get it a little longer. The old instructions also have you re-route the emergency brake cables under the cross member. Not sure if that was in the new ones.

On the front, the passenger side shock top will be a pain, at least on the 2012's it was. Have to unbolt several item to get to the top of the new shock.

Like I said in the PM we have done 5 of these lifts in the last 6 months so please feel free to contact me with questions. I sent you other info in a PM too.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Did you mention that you installed the included track bar in the rear? Cause I'm pretty sure the kit comes with a drop bracket for the rear and the new track bar is for the front.

I just ordered a 3.5 SC kit as well hopefully mine will arrive soon and I can get to work.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AndrewJ
Did you mention that you installed the included track bar in the rear? Cause I'm pretty sure the kit comes with a drop bracket for the rear and the new track bar is for the front.

I just ordered a 3.5 SC kit as well hopefully mine will arrive soon and I can get to work.
I am still in the process. Are you having someone install it? If not you will need lots of patience because you will be going into this completely blind. Even with all the instructions off aev's website new and old ones and even including the other kits instructions. I only have the rear done and about 30% of the front and I can tell you that the resources from people on this forum will mean a lot attempting the install yourself.

Yes I did install the trackbar that came with the kit in the rear. I hope that was the right place for it. It isn't like the instructions tell you. It fit perfectly into the space and from reading everywhere I can't see where you ever unbolt the frame side front trackbar bolt.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just did the 2.5 kit on my 2 door and re-did the front, rear, and transfer case breathers yesterday. They aren't hard to extend. I went to autozone and got some 5/16th fuel line and put new lines in instead if splicing. For the rear, take your pass tail light out and thread the new line in a similar patter from the diff up to the tail light area. There is a clip on the wheel liner and you just pull the line off the back of the clip. Once you start checking it out it will be obvious. The front diff breather on mine was even tighter!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Ordered some crown rear brake lines today from NR so that I could put the brake lines back to the factory location and not have to run with bending the lines. The front brake lines, at least on the 13' are plenty long and don't require replacement or drop brackets. Once you disconnect the brake line holder fitting from the lower shock mount it has all the room it needs. Any tips and tricks in bleeding the brake lines would be helpful?

Also ordered the NR 4X4 Jeep JK Grade 8 Hardware kit. The AEV kit has you using the original bolts in the new locations.

Talked to NR today and David was very helpful. So nice to talk to the people who sell you these products that actually have experience with the installation side as well. He knew all the answers to all the questions without fail.

Mello03:
Thanks for the advice. Will pick me up some line this evening on my home.

Krispyjee:
Thanks for the photos of the installation completed. That was a big help and hopefully I can make a good size dent in this project tonight!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeeping4Fun
Ordered some crown rear brake lines today from NR so that I could put the brake lines back to the factory location and not have to run with bending the lines. The front brake lines, at least on the 13' are plenty long and don't require replacement or drop brackets. Once you disconnect the brake line holder fitting from the lower shock mount it has all the room it needs. Any tips and tricks in bleeding the brake lines would be helpful?

Also ordered the NR 4X4 Jeep JK Grade 8 Hardware kit. The AEV kit has you using the original bolts in the new locations.

Talked to NR today and David was very helpful. So nice to talk to the people who sell you these products that actually have experience with the installation side as well. He knew all the answers to all the questions without fail.

Mello03:
Thanks for the advice. Will pick me up some line this evening on my home.

Krispyjee:
Thanks for the photos of the installation completed. That was a big help and hopefully I can make a good size dent in this project tonight!

Hey I looked at your pics that you sent and I believe I have the answer to your shock problem. I will email you once I get out of work.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post up the pictures u guys are talking about please. Would be interested in seeing what is going on as I'm sure others are as well. Thanks

Quick Reply: NEW BUILD - 3.5" AEV SC Lift - Just Arrived!