Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2

Old 12-25-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2

Just came across this article in fourwheeler regarding the new BFG T/A KO2. I wonder if anybody has more information about it.

All New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 in the Works - Four Wheeler
Old 12-27-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by takion
Just came across this article in fourwheeler regarding the new BFG T/A KO2. I wonder if anybody has more information about it.

All New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 in the Works - Four Wheeler
I work for Discount Tire and I was fortunate enough to demo the KO2 at an event in Las Vegas last month. I will say I have never been a fan of BFG, but the KO2 is an awesome tire. It is really the first re-design of the TA/KO. The tire has more of an aggressive side wall for offroading and looks, and a lot more features that should benefit your ride on the highway (I only tested it offroad). They changed the tread block design a little bit to give better off road traction and clean out a little better. Offroading it was awesome. I got to test it in an F-150 Raptor and a Baja Raptor through mud and it performed great. If I were to go away from mud terrains (which I probably wont) I will definitely consider the KO2 when it comes out
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 PM
JK Junkie

It looks like the KO2 now shares the same sidewall as the Rugged Terrains. I bought them when they were 'new' and it's a shit tire. It's quiet and road worthy and such but it's no off-road tire or for "rugged terrain". The old KO's sucked in mud but lasted forever and I feel like the new ones are too much new Rugged *Trail* wannabe but with a little more space in the lugs.

It'll be interesting to see where the prices are and the reviews of them. DTD......I'll send back my rugged terrains in exchange for a set of the ko2's!......or even the ko's.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

I would like to see the reviews of this tire when it comes out. IMO it would not do well in mud. The side wall is more aggressive but the AT tire design would hold the debri in, that's why it's called all terrain.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know when these are supposed to come out? They are ugly IMO. Definitely want to get the current tread design.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Huh. Not going to buy a tire because they are ugly? Really? I keep my head IN the cab while driving.

Quick Reply: New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2