Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New alignment with 1" lift spacers?

Old 03-16-2007, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New alignment with 1" lift spacers?

I need to go up 1" so I bought Treaflex 1" spacers for the front & back. It states in the install for a complete lift that you need an alignment after installation. Do I need to do this? Can you feel the difference? Can I wait a few months? If it's bad I run right in. I don't mind spending the $ if I have to, but if I can save a dime then I will right now.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Steve&2jc's
I doubt it. I think really the important thing is to make sure the steering wheel is still centered after the lift and that's something easy to do yourself.
Do I have to center the wheel with just installing top spacers on all 4 springs only? And if I do How do I center it?
Thanks for the help on this too. I appreciate it!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to Way of Life: (2.5 in BB)
Because of the the new steering system design that Jeep is using on the JK Wranglers and the fact that you did not change out or alter your front track bar in any way, your front end alignment should be just fine and you will not need to recenter your steering wheel.

I am putting my Daystar 1 3/4 poly spacers on tomorrow. Will find out if that's true!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put the 2" Superlift Budget Boost on and I did not need an alignment but definitely had to recenter the steering wheel. It changed the caster a tiny bit and made it a little darty, but nothing to be concerned about. I don't know if it will throw your steering wheel off enough to cause the ESP light to come on, but it depends on how anal you are about the steering wheel being visually centered...it bothers me so I centered it.
Jim
Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Although my steering wheel may be ever so slightly off after installing a 2.5" BB, it wasn't enough to make me want to go out a straighten it if it wasn't going to give me any grief. So, I left mine alone and after 1,500 miles of highway and hard off road use, it has not caused my ESP to act up at all.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Thanks

Thanks alot for the info, from all of you.
This web site is GREAT!! Good people too!!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Joe
JK Newbie

I have a 2" bds spacer kit and I did not need an alignment. With your rims, do you get any rubbing?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Joe
I have a 2" bds spacer kit and I did not need an alignment. With your rims, do you get any rubbing?
Yes I do get rubbing on a hard flex, so I added the 1" spacer to correct it. It rubs at the outer edge of the fender. ( see picture)

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Joe
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Trail Bud
Yes I do get rubbing on a hard flex, so I added the 1" spacer to correct it. It rubs at the outer edge of the fender. ( see picture)

[IMG][/IMG]
When you do normal driving or hard steering is there any front end rubbing?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Joe
When you do normal driving or hard steering is there any front end rubbing?
Not any more. I got rubbing when I would back up and cut it hard either way.
It rubbed on the front air dam (lack of a better term). Now the air dam is gone with the new Jeeperman bumper and Warn winch.

Quick Reply: New alignment with 1" lift spacers?