Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New AEV CA brackets

Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Rocker
Is this solution really just as good as adjustable control arms?
yes and no. yes in the sense that they will restore your front end suspension geometry back closer to stock and that will retain a stock like ride and handling. no in the sense that by lowering your control arms, you loose ground clearance and are still stuck with factory control arms. most aftermarket adjustable control arms have joints that offer more bind free flex and are also much beefier.

WOL, by your comments, I assume this means that you could possibly use these with any lift?
yes.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Ryanc
I dont understand why AEV, with the stuff they have created, are doing these brackets. I think they really have dropped the ball with their lift. There is not much R and D in adjustable control arms. First cam bolts and now relocation brackets, come on. If they would put their lift together with 4-8 control arms, it would be a much better lift in my opinion.
it would also be a lot more expensive than the expensive price tag it already has.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
it would also be a lot more expensive than the expensive price tag it already has.
True, but their stuff is so damn overpriced as it is whats another grande.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

True, but their stuff is so damn overpriced as it is whats another grande.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

im very happy with my aev lift. and i think thats all that matters. most of the stuff we put on are jeeps is super expensive but its all to each his own. just cause i like the ride of the lift, the next guy may hate it. noone gave me any products to try. overall id suggest the lift for anyone looking for a 3.5 or 4.5 well worth the dough...and now that they offer the brackets all the better.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting, for the Aev guys to chime in how superduperengineeredspecifically above and beyond all comprehension how the kit is better than everything out there.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnick
im very happy with my aev lift. and i think thats all that matters. most of the stuff we put on are jeeps is super expensive but its all to each his own. just cause i like the ride of the lift, the next guy may hate it. noone gave me any products to try. overall id suggest the lift for anyone looking for a 3.5 or 4.5 well worth the dough...and now that they offer the brackets all the better.
Originally Posted by mkjeep
Waiting, for the Aev guys to chime in how superduperengineeredspecifically above and beyond all comprehension how the kit is better than everything out there.
It seems no matter how satisfied some are with certain vendors/products, they always seem to get the thumbs down by others...
Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glwood6
It seems no matter how satisfied some are with certain vendors/products, they always seem to get the thumbs down by others...
No thumbs down, I rode in a jk with the AEV. Rides just as good as my 4in Superlift /w bilsteins and Teraflex front lowers did. Aev is just overpriced. Glad folks are happy with their superbly marketed kit. Just waiting for the Aev guys to chime in, that's all.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnick
Im not trashing AEV, I love most of their products, just not this. But, when I look at the design of this bracket, and the history of JK brackets ripping off when you relocate something(ie trackbar), it seems like a risky product. AEV does not advertise as a designer of rock crawling products. I am willing to bet, that someone takes these brackets and goes rock crawling and with the no flex of the stock arms, rips those brackets right off. They advertise the benefit of no control arms, and finally not cam bolts. What they should have done IMO, since they are allways touting low center of gravity, is designed their lift around a long arm suspension. Those who buy AEV probably has the cheese to afford this significant cost upgrade.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Just ask and you shall receive.

I just find it amusing how there is such love/hate relatioship with AEV products between the owners and the non-owners. The lift kit is just that, it has pros and cons just like any other lift kit. The pro's are strong (ride, handling, quality) and so are the cons (price, cam bolts ... erhhh wait the CBs are gone )

The AEV kit is not necessarily better, but it is different in some respects.

I understand there are always strong detractors with highly differentiated products like Jeeps, Hummers , Harleys, that have a relatively small but cult like following... as opposed to general hohum attitudes towards Hondas, Buicks, Volvos...

But why doesn't anyone hate/criticize/mention the really poor quality and design of the market bottom dwellers. There are some really poor lift kits for the JK and they appear to escape criticism because they are low cost.

I suppose it's just part of the distate that is common for those at the top or different in the public eye like sports, politics and the market.

Im not trashing AEV, I love most of their products, just not this. But, when I look at the design of this bracket, and the history of JK brackets ripping off when you relocate something(ie trackbar), it seems like a risky product. AEV does not advertise as a designer of rock crawling products. I am willing to bet, that someone takes these brackets and goes rock crawling and with the no flex of the stock arms, rips those brackets right off. They advertise the benefit of no control arms, and finally not cam bolts. What they should have done IMO, since they are allways touting low center of gravity, is designed their lift around a long arm suspension. Those who buy AEV probably has the cheese to afford this significant cost upgrade.
AEV acknowledged buyer's reluctance to use cam bolts which required a change in their product line over 6 months ago. I was surprised to receive the email about the brackets because I thought they showed prototypes of adjustable CAs at SEMA.

However, it is not surprising that they created the brackets because an assortment of geometry correcting and tuning brackets has always been the signature (and much of the value) of the Nth Degree lift kits. The original TJ kit was a nightmare of stamped pieces of sheet metal that needed to be installed.

The brackets will reduce ground clearance but so do some long arm kits. The proof is left as an exercise to the reader .

The AEV kit is not as expensive as many of the high end kits (not the ultra high end like EVO), but it does not include many of the parts like adjustable CAs that are included in those kits, so the relative price is perceived as high.

It's all goodness. We are fortunate to have many good options for the JK.

Quick Reply: New AEV CA brackets