Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

New AEV CA brackets

Old 12-08-2011, 05:42 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

wow, reviving a 2 year old just to post this - LOL!!

Originally Posted by Scrambler84
I slammed the entire weight of a 2010 Unlimited down on one, have done it in the passed a number of times
like i've always said, these brackets are a HUGE rock target. it just makes no sense to me that you would spend all this money to get your jeep HIGHER off the ground and then purposefully lower something like this effectively making it into a HUGE rock target that you slam the entire weight of your vehicle down on all the time.

but this time it actually bent it in towards the center of the jeep. Bracket didn't break, crack or anything it just bent a bit, I'll have to get a pick of them posted up. Jeep was completely drive able for the trip 175 mile trip back to DC Area and for about 2 weeks after with out any issues untill the 2nd set I orded to show up to replace the bent on.
and, if you had just installed adjustable lower control arms, you wouldn't have bent anything at all let alone would have needed to order up a new set of these rock targets. while your jeep feel like it drives fine, a bend like this could be enough to change the position of your front axle and among other things, that could cause long term uneven tire wear.

Yes I loose about inches ground clearance, but its still not lower then the pumpkin / axle. They can easily be installed by one person on flat level surface. If you haven't driven one with a set, your missing out.
sorry my friend but, try 2" of ground clearnace and, if you're wheeling your jeep right, you'll be placing your tires on the rocks and that effectively makes your frame rails and rocker guards the lowest points on your jeep - NOT your pumpkin. you yourself are posting up on this old thread to talk about how you slam these brackets all the time and have just bent one.

They where designed by one of the original JK suspension engineers that now works for AEV.
i don't know why that should impress anyone especially when everyone wants to change out what came from the factory for something better. but hey, that's just me.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-08-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems you have some strong feelings on the subject WoL... Tell us how you really feel
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nwapache
It seems you have some strong feelings on the subject WoL... Tell us how you really feel
so that it's clear, this is a 2 year old thread and one that i had been responding to back then. that is the only reason why i had responded to it again.

aev is a great company that makes great products. i love their procal, their hood and front bumper is beautiful and their conversion kits like the brute are to die for. they know how i feel about their lift kits, which were originally made by a company that went out of business called nth degree and yet, still like me enough to send out a brand new 2012. aev themselves would be the first to tell you that their lift kits are made more for the expedition types and daily drivers and, while you "can" rock crawl them, that is not their primary purpose. fanboys are unwilling to see any fault in anything they make and will try to insist they can do no wrong regardless of the truths that stare them in the face. i just try to put perspective on things - that's all.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree wol. I wouldn't be caught dead with a set of these.

Im hoping to pick up a whole set of adjustable control arms very soon. That's the proper investment and upgrade in my opinion as well.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These brackets are the single best suspension mod I've done for 98% of the driving I do. AEV 3.5 lift and 35" tires.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrash
These brackets are the single best suspension mod I've done for 98% of the driving I do. AEV 3.5 lift and 35" tires.
Are AEV's brackets really that much better than the brackets in Rancho's 4" Sport lift? AEV claims superior control arm geometry, here's something they said on their forum:

---
If you look at the Rancho kit, its clear that they lowered all the control arms back to near stock geometry which will improve the ride quality and probably fixes the castor issue, but they didn't take full advantage of what was possible with drop brackets. The AEV kit has lowered the lower arms slightly and the upper arms drastically. What this does:

Improve front impact ride quality (expansion joints, ledges)
Increase Anti-Dive for improved braking performance
Decrease the operating angle range of the front driveshaft
Eliminate the need for adjustable control arms or cam bolts for caster correction
---
Old 12-10-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say yes.

Quick Reply: New AEV CA brackets